Fun Run 2012
YOU COULD FEEL THE
SOPE CREEK ENERGY ON APRIL 28TH!!
|2012 Sope Creek Fun Run|
Thank you to all the participants, volunteers and cheerleaders! Here are some numbers:
- Over 650 runners in the 5K and 1 Mile run
- Over 35 faculty and staff came out to support the event by running, volunteering, and cheering on the students.
- Runners for the 5K ranged in ages 4 to 74
- Keith Glaspy won the 5K with a time of 18:21. He has now won this race for the 2nd time in a row.
- Our very own Susanna Capper won the Women's division of the 5K.
- Our 40+ corporate SPONSORS ARE amazing and honored us with their encouragement and donations!! Pass along a thank you to these sponsors (see list below and links to their websites)
- $1 Raffle items were another big hit this year! Items from Disney tickets (valued at over $400) to a Couples Retreat (valued at $500) to Spa Gift cards and everything in between!! Raffle sales made over $1,400 which will go to our school for improvements.
- Class Baskets were better than ever!! Sope Creek, through the Foundation, was able to raise just over $10,800 from the basket auction alone. Thank you to each of our class volunteers and parents who donated AMAZING items. Together you went the extra mile in pulling together some wonderful baskets.
- Results are In: 5K results are posted online at active.com. Click here to look at the results.
KUDOS ON A JOB WELL DONE!!
- Parent, Community, and Faculty Volunteers helped so much. . . from volunteering to be the Chick-Fil-A Cow (it's a 1,000 degree job), coming at 5:50 to help set up, blowing balloons until 9:30pm on Friday night, selling chicken Biscuits that day, handing out medals and water. . . and so much more!!
- The Sope Creek Custodial Staff started the day at 5:30 am with help from volunteers. they stayed to cheer on the runners and cleaned up the school when everyone left! WE LOVE AMELIA, JOE AND MICHAEL.
- We had food/drink donations from Whole Foods, Starbucks, Powerade, Smoothie King, and Kroger! Not to mention the wonderful freebies handed out by our sponsors.
- The Foundation would like to thank the lead Chair, Kristy Flowers, for her tireless hard work, diligence, enthusiasm and leadership. The Foundation would also like to thank the basket Auction Chair, Angela Strickland, for her vision to have a wide monetary range of baskets this year and her hard work and great attitude. In addition, we would like to thank all of the committee members who have truly gone the extra mile: Alexis Papa, Patti Newi and Caryn Sonderman, along with SO MANY others who gave addtional time blowing up balloons, stuffing race bags, and more. Special consideration to Erin Barre and Jill Harris for their invaluable help during and after the event.
Tying Up Loose Ends:
- Shoe Confusion: If you accidentally took a larger purple pair . . . please let us know so we can get the shoes switched out. Your smaller size van be picked up in the front office. Please email Vicki Marks if you have the larger pair of shoes.
- Baskets: If you won a basket, please pick up from the front office no later than Wednesday. Lisa will take your check, made out to Sope Creek Foundation, and let you pick up your basket.
- Raffle Items: If you won a raffle item, this too can be picked up from the front office.
- The Johnston Orthodontic Bike will be drawn on Wednesday. Thank you to Dr. Johnston for donating a bike every year which is raffled to one lucky Sope Creek student.
We are proud of our BIG Sope Creek Family for pulling this together. We can all agree. . . . this school is full of ENERGY!!!