Public Input Process for Home- and Community-Based Services Waiver Renewal Applications
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is working with the Department of Developmental Service (DDS) to renew three MassHealth Home and and Community-Based Services (HCBA) waivers for individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
(1) Intensive Supports Waiver (DDS-IS)
(2) Community Living Waiver (DDS-CL)
(3) Adult Supports Waiver (DDS-AS)
As part of the waiver renewal process, EOHHS plans continued growth of waiver capacity, as well as certain updates to the DDS Adult waivers. As summarized below, these changes include:
- Adding waiver capacity
- Removing unused or underused services from the waivers (Center-based Day Supports; physical, occupational, and speech therapy; and 24-hour Self Directed Home Sharing Support (DDS-IS only))
- Increasing the limit on Individual Goods and Services to $3,000/year
- Setting a limit of 90 days/year for Stabilization
- Requiring federal criminal background checks for provider agency employees
- Allowing state-operated providers to deliver certain waiver services, and
- Technical corrections and clarifications
Hard copies of these documents are available upon request. Please send a request for hard copies of these documents in writing:
By regular mail:
HCBS Waiver Unit
Executive Office of Health and Human Services
1 Ashburton Place, 11th Floor
Boston, MA 02108
Send Us Your Comments
We invite public comment on the draft waiver renewal applications before we submit them to the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for approval. Please see below for how you can submit comments.
- By regular mail:HCBS Waiver Unit Executive Office of Health and Human Services 1 Ashburton Place, 11th Floor Boston, MA 02108
- In person, orally or in writing, at either of two public forums:
The first forum will be held on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, at 11:00 A.M. at the Framingham Public Library Costin Room: Main Library, 49 Lexington Street, Framingham, MA.
The second public forum will be held on Thursday, February 15, 2018, at 12:00 P.M. at the Springfield City Lib
rary Community Room: Central Library, 220 State Street, Springfield, MA.
Inclement weather policy: If the local public schools are closed on the day of either forum due to weather conditions, EOHHS
will cancel that forum and will hold a make-up forum.
In the event of cancellation on February 13, a makeup forum would be held on Thursday, February 22, 2018, at 11:00 A.M. at the Framingham Public Library Costin Room: Main Library, 49 Lexington Street, Framingham, MA. In the event of cancellation on February 15, a makeup forum would be held on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, at 11:00 A.M. at the Springfield City Library Community Room: Central Library, 220 State Street, Springfield, MA.
: Comments must be submitted by March 8, 2018.