APPNA Helps in Aftermath of Devastating Nepal Earthquake!
Our trip to Nepal, despite initial apprehension, was very productive. Our objective was to help in whichever way we could, while keeping the safety of our team in mind.
Our team consisted of:
- Dr. Arain (a surgeon)
- Dr. Zaman (a pediatrician)
- Dr. Ali (a pediatrician)
- Dr. Rao (a dermatologist)
- Mr. Wasim Momin (an ICU nurse)
- Dr. S Sherpa (a orthopedic surgeon from Nepal)
- Dr. N Sherpa (a internist)
- Ms. Shrestha (a nurse from Nepal)
- Lemi Sherpa (our coordinator)
We were able to visit three different villages, all within a two hour drive from Kathmandu. The names are as below:
- Pahadaya Thapa Lele
- Jaharshing Pauwa
We provided medical care for around 1,000 patients in these three villages.
We also visited Patan hospital in Kathmandu, where we were able to see the status of medical help available in Kathmandu, as well as spend time with various specialists.
Babar Rao, MD
Co-Lead APPNA Nepal Relief Team