United States 4.6%
Mobile County Personnel board job openings. To learn more, click
- Body/Paint Mechanic
Computer Systems Manager
- Equipment Operator II (Multi-Deck Rotary Mower)
- Equipment Operator II (Side Arm Mower)
- Equipment Operator III (Front End Loader)
- Equipment Operator III (Knuckleboom Loader)
- Equipment Operator III (Motor Grader)
- Equipment Operator III (Truck Mounted Hydraulic Operator)
- Heating/Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Information Systems Administrator
- Keyboarding Registration
- Librarian I
- Maintenance Clerk/Dispatcher
- Network Specialist I
- Police Officer
- NEW! Public Health Bureau Director
- Treatment Plant Operator I
- Treatment Plant Trainee
- Vehicular/Equipment Mechanic(Automotive
- Vehicular/Equipment Mechanic (Construction Equipment)
- Vehicular/Equipment Mechanic (Med/Hvy Truck)
- Water and Sewer Engineering Manager
- Water and Sewer Operations Manager (Mobile Area Water and Sewer System)
January 27, 2017
Project Homeless Connect
Businesses and non-profit organizations interested in helping with this event or need additional information, please contact Sharon Algood at
Mobile Works, Inc
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Mobile Works receives collaboration award
Mobile Works receives top honors for their collaborative efforts with the Summer Work Program Team (comprised of Alabama Department of Rehab Services, Goodwill Easter Seals and Mississippi State University) at
the Alabama Gov
ernor's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities awards ceremony on December 6 in Montgomery. The team was recognized for their successes and contributions in providing job opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Mobile Works secured the funding, Goodwill Easter Seals provided case management and job readiness services and Mississippi State conducted research to ensure the sustainability of the program and explore methods to improve upon its success.
"We are committed to providing financial support for this program," states Sydney Raine, Mobile Works president. "Our support demonstrates to the business community how individuals with disabilities can be a contributing member of the workforce." Since its inception in 2002, Mobile Works has served over 250 individuals with disabilities.
Mobile County Personnel Board
$64,751 - $103,515
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Attainment of a minimum of a master's degree from a recognized college or university in public health, administration, sanitary engineering, health planning, pharmacy, medicine or closely related field and a minimum of five years experience in public health programs, including a minimum of three years experience in the program area to which assigned and responsible administrative experience; or a combination of education and experience equivalent to these requirements.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE WORK:
Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices and administration of public health programs
Thorough knowledge of the sociological and economic factors affecting the administration of public health services
Thorough knowledge of research methods and techniques
Good knowledge of office practices and equipment
Ability to evaluate services and make recommendations for improvement
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Ability to collaborate with lay and professional groups
Ability to interpret program objectives and policies and to render consultative services
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the media, other employees and the general public.
W. G. Yates Construction
Stone Mason Job # 2091073
Stone Mason proficient in setting of limestone and granite panels.
$18.00 to $23.00 per hour.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00 AM. to 3:30 PM. Temporary Full-Time (9 Months) work. Overtime is available.
Setting of stone panels, drilling and anchoring steel angles and limestone tiles. Will be installing flashing and insulation, mixing and applying mortar, erecting scaffolding and using tools required for stone installation.
Requires 5 years of experience as a Stone mason and be proficient at setting limestone and granite panels. Requires reliable transportation. Must be able to lift 75 lbs. Must be able to speak English. Requires a background check and drug screen.
How to Apply:
or Call Greg Harrelson at 251-303-8860
Current Employment Opportunities
Become a part of our growing team of Aircraft Maintenance Professionals! Direct Hire positions.
- Master APG Technician: Must have Ten (10+) years experience in heavy commercial aircraft maintenance or modification. Must have A&P License and Systems Courses on two (2) or more aircraft types. Knowledgeable of all aircraft systems, effective troubleshooter and competent in all aspects of advanced rigging, adjustment and testing of aircraft systems. Capable and willing to mentor, teach and train junior technicians.
- Aircraft Inspector: Responsible for the initial inspections/ required inspection items and surveillance of commercial aircraft undergoing maintenance and repair in an MRO environment. Responsibilities and Requirements: Must have demonstrated knowledge of aircraft systems, subsystems and component replacement, hydraulic component replacement, air conditioning component replacement, pneumatic component replacement, engine component replacement, basic hydraulic systems (operations), basic flight control systems, landing gear servicing, basic troubleshooting, tire/brake change procedures, galley installation, engine starter removal/install, cargo conversion, cockpit window/windshield replacement, entry door slide removal/replacement, brake rider/aircraft towing, powerplant removal/replacement assistant, main fuel control adjustment, engine trim procedures, knowledge of all aircraft manuals, ATA codes and related materials. Forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master Structures Technician: Must have 10+yrs experience in commercial aircraft sheetmetal/Structural maintenance/modification. Valid FAA Airframe License or A&P Lic. Forward resumes to: email@example.com.
- APG Journeyman/Technicians: Responsible for performing routine and non-routine maintenance on commercial aircraft. Must have minimum of four (4) years experience in heavy commercial aircraft maintenance or modification. Must have valid A&P License. GenFam/Sysytems training on B757, B767, A319/320/A330/A300 preferred. Military aircraft experience will be considered. Normally performs duties according to his or her judgment and only requests supervisory assistance when necessary with regard to methods, procedures, and desired end results. A moderate to high level of discretion is allowed when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is frequently reviewed upon completion. Duties are performed on a rotating shift schedule and often include nights, weekends and holidays.. Forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- APG Mechanics: Responsible for performing routine and non-routine maintenance on commercial aircraft. Must have minimum of three (3) years experience in heavy commercial aircraft maintenance or modification. Experience and/or training on B757, B767, A319/320/A330/A300 preferred. Military aircraft experience will be considered. Normally performs duties according to his or her judgment and only requests supervisory assistance when necessary with regard to methods, procedures, and desired end results. A moderate to high level of discretion is allowed when making selections among a few, easily identifiable choices. Assignment is frequently reviewed upon completion. Duties are performed on a rotating shift schedule and often include nights, weekends and holidays. Forward resumes to: email@example.com
- Sheetmetal Mechanics: Three (3) or more years experience in sheetmetal and structural repairs or modification of commercial aircraft. Ability to read and interpret service bulletins, engineering orders and Structural Repair Manuals; Ability to layout work using bend radius, set back/ bend allowance charts, and shop math; knowledge of aircraft manuals, ATA codes, all applicable F.A.R.s,and paperwork/sign-off procedures. Military transport/ fighter aircraft or military helicopter phase maintenance experience will be considered. Forward resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use job code 5310 in subject line
- Avionics Technician: Three (3) or more years experience in commercial or military aircraft avionics, electrical, communications, navigational, radar and other related systems. Modification experience a plus. Must have experience using crimping tools, extraction/ insertion tools and other related test equipment and auxiliary power units. Must be familiar with wiring schematics, wiring practices and wire bundles/ harness identification. Must have proficient working knowledge of crimping procedures, wire lacing/ typing procedures, wire-marking machines, continuity tests, heat-shrinkable tubing and analysis charts. Military aircraft experience will be considered. Airbus A330, A319/320 and Boeing B757 experience strongly preferred. Forward resumes to: email@example.com
- IT Support Technician: Provide operational and help desk support on desktop systems, host systems and file servers. Maintain security of the computer center and related information. Good working knowledge of latest versions of Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Active Directory, LAN/WAN concepts and, PC and printer concepts. High school diploma or GED required. Technical or Trade School education in IT or 2 years direct experience. A+ certification helpful. Forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with IT Support Tech in subject line.
- Aviation Maintenance Training Program (AMT): Currently seeking applicants for Spring 2017 semester AMT Program. Direct all inquiries to AMT Administrator. Click "Training Tab" for more information or call 251-436-0173.
$10.50 per hour.
Provides Medical/Dental benefits, Vacation and an Employee Discount Card
- Requires 6 months previous customer service experience, PC proficiency and sales skills.
- Requires skills to simultaneously use a computer and listen to and verbally respond to customers.
- Genuine desire to help others, offer products and solutions, and meet goals is a must!
- Great communication skills, proficiency using a computer (Windows environment, internet), and problem-solving skills are required.
- High school degree or equivalent education is required.
- Must be dependable, with ability to attend every day of new hire training so you are set up for success.
- Ability to pass drug test and criminal history background check is required
How to Apply:
Under JOB SEARCH (enter) Inbound Customer Service and Sales Representative.
H & H Logistics ( FedEx Contractor)
Driver Class A CDL (Mobile, AL.)
(Doubles) ( Local Run) (No Overnights) Job # 2086101
Driver Class A CDL for a dedicated line haul route with FedEx contractor. FedEx linehaul operator seeks qualified CDL candidates for immediate hire. Dedicated linehaul route. 5 days per week. Weekends off. Doubles. Full time and part time positions available. No freight handling no loading or unloading. Full benefits available, medical and vacation. Competitive pay. Please include contact information in your response.
Pay Rate: Pay by the mile. ($45,000 to $65,000 per year)
Work Schedule: Will start work from 4:00 PM. to 9:00 PM. and finish in 8 to 9 hours, Monday through Friday.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, Retirement Plan, Disability and Incentive Pay
Work a dedicated run delivering between FedEx terminals. No loading or unloading required. Will pick-up a return trailer.
Requires at least 1 year of CDL Class A driving experience. Requires a doubles endorsement. Requires a background check and drug screen.
How to Apply:
Email a resume to email@example.com
Call Chad Hon at 251-455-1051
Hot Jobs from
To apply for these and other jobs, please visit
The JobLink website will provide
job descriptions, instructions on applying for jobs, information on salary,
benefits and other requirements. In order to apply. for listed jobs, please refer to the
JOB ORDER NUMBER.
You must create an account using a password and e-mail address in order to apply for jobs listed on the
IT Specialist -Employer: Community Action Agency .Responsible for planning, installation, configuration, support and maintenance of organization's PC, laptops, servers, disaster recovery, data centers, and social media platforms. Ensure proper security measures are in place, high availability of servers and data storage for the enterprise. Supervise outside vendors to implement initiatives related to job responsibilities as needed... Refer to job order #2091683.
Sales Clerk - Employer: CG Exchange Sector Mobile Location: Mobile, Will work as a Sales Clerk at the Coast Guard Base Exchange. Pay Rate: $8.50 per hour. Work Schedule: 8:00 AM. to 5:30 PM. Requires availability to work any day of the week including weekends. Benefits: Good benefits discussed during the interview.
Refer to job order #2090382.
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a maintenance shop that is under the umbrella responsibility of an on-site Maintenance Manager. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor's responsibilities include supervising a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of a fleet; machinery that supports a post-collection facility; repair/maintenance of equipment that services the container shop; and providing direction to technicians to ensure that all repairs/maintenance to equipment (trucks - diesel and alternate fuel, containers and other heavy duty equipment) are performed in compliance with Company safety and compliance standards, and with all federal and state regulations. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and scheduling repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
Refer to job order # 28049BR
PRODUCT / EVENT DEMONSTRATOR - Employer: CROSSMARK . Overview:The Associate is responsible for completing in-store food and non-food demonstrations. Acquires and maintains knowledge of products represented. Serves, demonstrates, intercepts consumers and sells products in a professional manner. Maintains an overall professional appearance consistent with the requirements of the job.
Refer to job order # JC85575406
Marine Painter - If you are a Marine Painter and want to be a part of the nation's elite marine skilled workforce, this is your chance to advance your career.Tradesmen International is proud to employ America's best marine-dedicated craftsmen. If you are a marine-experienced craftsman who emphasizes safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, we want you to join our team. The Marine Painter must have three (3) or more years of experience as a marine brush and roll painter applying epoxy and non-epoxy coatings. Minimum of 3 years of recent Marine Painter experience in a shipyard. Ability to apply coatings while maintaining desired MIL thickness. Experience working in a physically demanding environment; confined spaces, working at heights, and use of half-face and full-face respiratory equipment. Be respirator fit tested and trained in respirator safety per OSHA standards. Ability to use power tools to accomplish cleaning.
Refer to job order # JC85568414
Senior Java Programmer Analyst - Rural Sourcing, Inc. (RSI) The Senior Java Developer will work with clients and team members to develop content management systems or web applications using Java. Experience with open source frameworks and tools such as Apache Sling. Ant, Maven, CSS, JQuery, JSON is required. Experience in open source or commercial content management systems such as Alfresco, Drupal, or Lenya. The Java developer will be involved in the various phases of the system development life cycle; including design, testing, training, implementation and support. Design, code, and testing of business systems to meet client requirements. Responsible for successful completion of code deliverables within projects
Responsible for ensuring code meets specifications. Design and code reporting requirements to perform efficiently, operationally stable, maintainable and meet the client requirements. Fosters proactive and collaborative relationships with the project team. Provide support to the RSI team and clients Expertise an RSI Colleague will need: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science preferred.5 years of object-oriented programming (Java preferred).
Refer to job order # JC81295624
Hygienist (General Dental Practice)-Evaluates overall oral health, examining oral cavity for signs of periodontal disease or possible cancers, including sores, recessed & bleeding gums, and oral lesions. Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensures follow up on results. Follows through with oral hygiene procedures in accordance with treatment plans prescribed by the attending Dentist. Procedures may include: Prophylaxis, Periodontal Scaling, Root Planning, Debridement, Application of Fluoride Treatments, and Application of Protective Sealants. Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients. Must be a Registered Dental Hygienist.
Refer to job order # JC81464644