What's the group about?
FAPAC's monthly support group provides a safe place for people parenting children through the DC child welfare system to talk and connect with their peers. Participants are encouraged to share how their parenting role impacts them and to discuss the rewards and challenges of sharing responsibility for the care of the children with others, including birth parents.
The group is open to all foster and adoptive parents, kinship caregivers, and legal guardians parenting children through the DC foster care system.
ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED & SPACE IS LIMITED.
Spaces will be reserved in the order that registration is received.
Perks for Registered Participants:
- Peer support and group discussion facilitated by an experienced foster and adoptive parent
- The flexibility to come as often/little as you want (no need to commit to a series of meetings)
- Opportunities to connect with other resource parents
- Child care available if requested in advance
- Dinner provided for you and your children so that you don't have to cook!
Note: This is NOT a training and no training credits will be offered.