1. Hard Work: Proverbs 28:19-A hard worker has plenty of food, but a person who chases fantasies ends up in poverty.
2. Discipline and Correction: Proverbs 15:32-If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; but if you listen to correction, you grow in understanding.
3. Receive advice: Proverbs 13:13-People who despise advice are asking for trouble; those who respect a command will succeed.
4. Think it through: Proverbs 13:16- Wise people think before they act, fools do not.
5. Be truthful: Proverbs 16:26-The Lord detests evil plans, but He delights in pure words and truth.
6. Live for the Lord: Proverbs 16:7-When people's lives are pleasing to the Lord, even their enemies are at peace with them.
7. Think before you speak and control your temper: Proverbs 17: 27, 28-A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.
8. Do not act on enthusiasm and excitement: Proverbs 19:2-Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes.
9. Humility and Fear of The Lord: Proverbs 22:4-True Humility and Fear of the Lord (Afraid of being without God) lead to riches, honor and long life.
10. Willingness to confess and turn away from sin: Proverbs 28:13-People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy.