1) Venice is made up of a collection of approx 115 tiny islands
2) There are 400+ pedestrian footbridges spanning the canals
3) Venice has about 150 canals
4) There are a little over 400 gondoliers in Venice
5) Venice got its first female gondolier in 2010
6) By the 18th century, there were over 200 churches in Venice
7) Over 15 million visitors flock to Venice every year
8) Venice has over 450 palaces (palazzi) and important buildings built in a mixture of styles, Gothic, Byzantine, Baroque etc.
9) Venice is sinking at the rate of 1-2 millimeters a year
10) You could visit ten thousand times and never run out of new things to discover
To see more fun facts about Venice, Click Here!
Ciao Caio, See you all in Venice!