10 Weekend Ideas
- Movies: Rock of Ages
, That's My Boy
- LA Film Fest
- films, panels downtown, thru 6/24
- Playboy Jazz Festival
@ Hollywood Bwl, Sat-Sun
- AFCI Locations Show
- film locations conf, Fri-Sat
- VES Career Fair
w Sony Imageworks, Disney Animation, ILM, Legacy Effects, Pixomondo, Sat
- Indigo Girls
@ Wiltern on Sat
- Concours d'Elegance
- cool car show Rodeo Dr, Sun
- Pasadena Chalk Festival
- food, music, chalk! Sat-Sun
- Make Music Pasadena
. Free street fair music fest Sat
- Happy Father's Day
sunday - don't forget to call or Skype! Or Father's Office burgers!
- Sunday is the last day for Early Bird registration for next weekend's Silicon Beach Fest, June 21-23 in LA
The Silicon Beach Fest, created by Digital LA and presented by engage:BDR is LA's first tech / entertainment / startup fest!
We got covered in VentureBeat
and the Hackathon is in Yahoo! News- PARTNERS:
Introducing some of our partners!
- We're excited to be listed in the Bloundhound
conference app! Download the
Bloodhound app and look for Silicon Beach Fest - the schedule w panelists in your pocket!
- Download the Here On Biz
iPhone app and check in with SBF to see who's going and start chatting now via your LinkedIn connections. get.hereon.biz
and ONE Coconut Water
are providing complimentary snacks and refreshments thurout the festival at multiple locations.
- Simply Petals
, the subscription based flower service, is providing floral arrangements at key SBF venue locations. New subscribers can use discount code SBF25 to get 25% off their first month of deliveries at simplypetals.com
To help u get around the fest, Uber is providing discount codes and the ParkMe app is providing limited complimentary parking at Third Street Promenade. Details and meet more partners on our PARTNERS
page.Thanks to our many Partners and Sponsors!HUBS
. Once you register
and pick up your badge from the Silicon Beach Fest HQ at Cross Campus at 820 Broadway in Santa Monica next Thu-Sat, you will be able to drive around and visit the several hubs in Santa Monica and Venice which have panels focused on different topics as indicated in the SBF schedule.
HUB HIGHLIGHTS - Friday 6/22. We will list Saturday Hub highlights early next wk!
Fri 6/22, 10a-4p
by Digital LA
- 10a-12p: Meet the Accelerators
with StartEngine, Amplify, Launchpad LA, MuckerLab, Originate
- 12-2p: Meet the VCs
with speakers from Rustic Canyon, Rincon Venture, Anthem, DFJ Frontier, GRP Partners, moderated and organized by Dynamic Synergy Corp
- 2-4p: Celeb Power: Startups, Apps and Content
with speakers from BeachMint, EQAL, etc. who help Jessica Alba, Rihanna, Felicity Huffman and more on their startups, apps, web series.
PromoJam - TechCube
- 10a-12p - Social Media and Broadcast
w speakers from NBC Universal / Style, Ustream, HITFIX, Ooyala,
- 12-2p - Social and Music
, w speakers from Interscope Records / UMG, Topspin, The Audience, Atom Factory (Lady Gaga's management company)
PromoJam is also hosting rooftop cocktails on Fri 6/21 and Sat 6/22 6-8p PromoJam
is a social media marketing technology platform for businesses to build, launch and track promotions that reach new customers on the popular social networks. PromoJam utilizes word-of-mouth marketing and peer to peer recommendations to help drive customer acquisition.
________________ BRANDING / ADVERTISING
Cross Campus / SBF HQ
by Tameka Kee, Hank Leber
- 10a-12p. Branding on a Dime / Decade
- 12p-2p. Brands, Agencies and Startups: A Love Stor
y w speakers from Ignited, HUGE, PageWoo moderated by Radix Collective
- 2-4p. Creative Collaboration: Breaking Barriers and Making Awesome Sh*t
. Speakers from OMD Ignition Factory, Deutsch LA, MisoMedia, engage:BDR, iLike, GarageBand.
- 4-6p. Influence Matters
w speakers from Klout, MirrorDigital, 50Kings, moderated by Tameka Kee, ad:tech.
Note: most events in this track do not require an SBF pass, however u must register separtely.
- Thu, 2-7p: Demo Day
: See StartEngine portfolio companies present at its Spring Demo Day.
- Fri 9:30a-12p: CTO Next in Mobile Strategy
panel with speakers from Viddy, Pose, Mogreet, Burstly moderated by FreelanceCTO.
- Fri, 2-6p: Angel Pitch Day
. Pre-selected companies will pitch to angels with feedback and Q&A. Which would you invest in?
-10a-12p: Legal Tips for Startups
from top digital lawyers
-12-2p: PR for Startups
. Get PR tips from professionals Melrose PR, Symphony PR, YogaGlo, Radix Collective.
- 2-4p: Press of Silicon Beach
with reporters from Forbes, Investors Business Daily, LA Business Journal and TechZulu discussing coverage of LA's growing startup / tech scene
- 4-6p: Silicon Beach: Creative Inspiration
. Why Silicon Beach inspires creativity for content to startups, with filmmakers and speakers from local companies Digital Domain, Zambezi, Futuristic Films. Organized by Venice Media District.
by Digital LA
- 10a-12p: MySpace Alumni Entrepreneurs
. MySpace Alums have gone on to create amazing startups including io/LA, engage:DBR, Eventup, SodaHead.com
- 12-2p: Movies Go Digital / Social.
Speakers from Sony Pictures Interactive, MovieClips, JuntoBox Films, and FilmBreak talk about digital social tools to promote, market or distribute movies
- 2-4p: TV Goes Social
. Speakers from Feed Company, Team Coco and more discuss social TV, moderated by Mark Kazen
- 4-6p: Music: Discovery and Social Media.
Speakers from the GRAMMYs, TBWA\Chiat\Day, Soundrop, and Mobile Roadie discuss how to use social media and digital tools to promote the GRAMMYs, artists, bands, and increase fan discovery of new songs. Moderated by 1968Media.
- Developer Discussion: How to HIre a Developer @ Amplify, Fri 6/22, 2-4p
- Developer Debate: Which Comes First: Front End or Back End, Fri 6/22, 4-6p
- VFX panel at Areal, 2-4p, more details TBD.
MORE SBF EVENTS
Students from UCLA, USC, CalTech, Yale, and other universities will pitch to win prizes on Sat June 23, 10a-12p at CoWorks in Santa Monica. To submit your team, send email and PPT deck to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.STARTUP VILLAGE
. Feature your startup at the Startup Village on Sat 12-4p at Silicon Beach HQ at Cross Campus. Register your startup
Enter to win more than $50K in prizes with our all-star CTO/top judges. Register.DEVELOPER DEBATE @ Google Venice.
We are looking for techies / developers / UX designers to be on our panel debating which comes first: back end architecture or front end design. Email email@example.com with your bio and opinion if u want to join.CELEB POWER: Startups, Apps, Content.
How do u get celebs on board to help promote your digital projects? If u help celebs do digital or are a celeb, email firstname.lastname@example.org w SBF as subj and ur bio______________________________________________________________
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS / moderators
representing digital innovators in tech, startups and entertainment include:
- Howard Marks, StartEngine, Co-Founder, formerly Activision Founder
- David Carter, Amplify, Co-Founder
- William Hsu, MuckerLab, Co-Founder
- Adam Lilling, Launchpad LA, Director
- Aber Whitcomb, io/LA, Co-Founder
- Jason Nazar, DocStoc, CEO / Co-Founder
- David Travers, Rustic Canyon Partners, Partner
- Jim Andelman, Rincon Venture Partners, Managing Partner
- Max Cohen, Google, Product Manager
- Ken Chung, Viddy, CTO
- Darren Rush, Pose, CTO
- Anthony Rossano, Mogreet, CTO
- Shira Lazar, What's Trending, award-winning host
- Ana Liza Bella, NBCUniversal / STYLE, VP, Marketing Solutions
- Chris Mortimer, Interscope Records UMG, Dir. CRM & Social
- Lindsay Gabler, The GRAMMYs, Social Media Specialist
- Ian Rogers, TopSpin, CEO & Founder
- Dave Martin, Ignited, SVP Media
- Bud Caddell, Deutsch LA, Invention Strategist
- Marc Simons, OMD Ignition Factory, West Coast Director
- Ricardo Diaz, TBWA/Chiat/Day, Director Creative Technology
- Ted Dhanik, engage:BDR, CEO & Co-Founder
- Tony Adam, Eventup, Co-Founder
- Lori Kozlowski, Forbes
- Adam Popescu, LA Business Journal
- Brian Deagon, Investors Business Daily
- Ethan Czahor, Honest.com (Jessica Alba's startup), CTO
- Jamie Freed, Paris Hilton Entertainment
- Joshua Wattles, deviantART, Chief Advisor in Chief
- Matt Munson, Instacanvas, CEO/Co-founder
- Allison Beal, StyleSaint.com, Founder
- Join us via social media.
- Facebook: http
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/sbfestLA
The SBF Guide
lists accelerators, coworking spaces and buzzed-about startups, plus links to Represent.la's map of Silicon beach - add your company! Parties:
We just added several partner parties to the lineup, including:
- Thursday 6/21: Opening Night Cocktails @ Viceory,
Siemer VIP pre-cocktails, JuntoBox Films pre-cocktails
- Friday 6/22: Hotel Erwin cocktails, Giant Media cocktails
- Saturday 6/23: Wiredrive BBQ, EventSorbet Closing Beach Fun:
Silicon Beach Fest of course features some beach fun on Saturday 6/23. Play volleyball for a chance to win some Vilebrequin shorts, play in Amplify's Accelerator Basketball game, and learn to surf (the waves, not the web). Fun in LA style! Details on the Schedule