- The amount of water that your garden will need is going to depend on the weather conditions in your area.
- Water at the base of the plant during the coolest part of the day to conserve moisture.
- Deep watering of your garden beds will allow roots to grow deeper.
- Your lawn only needs 2.5cm (1") of water a week. Raise the cutting height of your lawn mower. Taller grass means cooler roots which will retain more moisture.
- You may need to water hanging baskets and container gardens daily. Check frequently and fertilize.
- Fertilize roses each month during the summer.
- Fertilize flowering evergreens such as Rhododendron's and Azalea's with an evergreen fertilizer.
- If you have climbing vines, train new shoots of growth on a trellis.
- Top up your garden with mulch. Mulch will retain moisture, protect roots and keep weeds down in the garden.
- Keep an eye on weeds. Pull out by hand or spray with weed killer before it goes to seed.
- Harvest fruits and veggies and keep a look out for insects or disease.
- Register for Build a Pond Day on July 21, 2012. Starts at 9am, rain or shine.
- The month of July is Water Gardening Exhibition Month. Weekly & daily discounts on selected regular priced water garden material.