Indiana Renewable Energy Association
Annual Meeting and Conference Announcement
Date: Saturday, November 12, 2011
Time: 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM EST
Location: Epworth United Methodist Church
6450 Allisonville Road
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Tenative Agenda Topics Include: (order of topics to be determined)
- Call to Order and Welcome
- Introductions of attendees (Bring your business cards and/or flyers about your upcoming programs and activities across the State of Indiana to share with others during networking breaks)
- Status Report and Update on Renewable Energy Policies in Indiana
- Net Metering
- Voluntary Feed-in Tariffs (FIT)
- IPL Rate REP
- NIPSCO Rate 850
- Indiana Voluntary Clean Energy Portfolio Standard Program (INVCEPS) or SEA 251
- Future of Renewable Energy Manufacturing in Indiana; Does Indiana have the right policies in place to attract more green jobs? (companies invited)
- NuSun Solar
- Vela Gear
- SunRise Solar
- Abound Solar
- Facilitated group discussion about the future of InREA; Tenative topics include:
- Solar and Renewable Energy Tours
- Indiana Renewable Energy Conference
- Creation of regional programs and activities
- Relationship and coordination with ASES
- Professional training programs for NABCEP certification
Don't worry if you can't attend the Annual Meeting we still want you ideas and suggestions for programs and activities next year. Watch for the Membership Survey.
Annual Meeting/Conference Registration Fee: (includes lunch and refreshments from Panera Bread)
- $20 for individual members + guest @ $20 such as spouse or child
- $20 each for up to 3 members from the same member company
- $30 non-member (If you join now, can can attend at the member rate)
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW.
IndianaRenew Website Redesign Almost Complete
This summer the Board of Directors hired Colin Clark with Tribeswell in Bloomington to revise and revamp our website. The idea was to make our website both a resource and communication center for members. The website is now in WordPress and should allow more effective updates and information exchange.
The new Business Member Directory now includes a search function and categories to make it easier for people to find you in our on-line Member Directory.
Association Now 501 (c) (3)
The Indiana Renewable Energy Association is still a 100% volunteer organization BUT we just received approval from the IRS as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit tax exempt and tax deductible organization. That means that we can now apply for grants from foundations and receive your tax exempt contributions to further our educatioal efforts about renewable energy in Indiana.
Watch for more details before the end of the year on how to make your tax deductible contribution.
Did you miss the Indiana Renewable Energy Conference?
The Indiana Renewable Energy Association was a co-sponsor of WIndiana 2011 and the first Indiana Renewable Energy Conference (IREC) held by the Indiana Office of Energy Development held July 20-21, 2011 at the Indiana Convention Center.