2012 Year-End Update
Each year, government agencies establish new reporting requirements that may impact your company's year-end processes. Sage Software is in the process of investigating other government and regulatory changes for the 2012 year-end release. We will communicate this information to you in the coming weeks.
For the 2012 year-end release, we will support Sage Timberline Office versions 9.7, 9.8, and 12.1. In order to complete 2012 year-end processing, you will need to upgrade to one of these versions. Contact us to schedule an appointment for assistance with upgrading and year-end processing. 800-458-7369
- The 2012 year-end updates will be available for download in December. The 2012 payroll tax updates are a separate download and will be available in late December.
- The 2012 year-end updates are cumulative. They include government and regulatory changes plus all enhancements and fixes from previous updates.
- We recommend you review the notice when you receive it to determine if any of the changes affect you. Download and install the year-end update if you are affected by any of the changes.
- If you are not the person who performs Sage Timberline Office updates, please forward this notice to the correct person in your company.
eFiling with Aatrix
Aatrix is an easy and convenient way to file your state and federal forms. Using the option provided in your software, you can either file electronically, or print and manually process forms. Review KBSTO12-S or open Help in the software for detailed information about how to generate forms.
In Payroll, select:
- Tasks > Quarterly Reporting > State eFile and Reporting
- Tasks > Federal Reporting > Federal eFile and Reporting
- Tasks > eFile and Reporting (Canada)
In Accounts Payable, select Tasks > Government eFile and Reporting>Form 1099
In Property Management, select Tasks > eFile Form 1099
To learn more about how eFiling works, click here or contact your Customer Account Manager at 800-858-7095.
Aatrix online training classes are being offered 11/14/12 at 3:00pm, 12/19/12 at 1:00pm, and
1/16/12 at 10:00am CST. To register click here
Ordering Tax Forms
When ordering tax forms, make certain you are ordering Aatrix compliance forms from your forms vendor.
Federal W-2 eFiling is FREE! Read Sage KB2050 for more information on forms to order.
Get the facts and order from SageCRE Forms.
Year-End Procedures Guides
The Year-End Procedures Guide is not yet available from Sage. Sage will send you a link to download as soon as it is available. We will send you a link as well.
Year-End Information Online
Sage Customer Portal
If you have a subscription to any of our Sage Timberline Office service plans, you have access to the Sage Customer Portal - your online resource for everything from software updates to online technical support. Log on to the Sage Customer portal and search for KB2012, the Year-End Information page. KB2012 is your one-stop for all year-end information. You'll be able to download the comprehensive 2012 Year-End Procedures Guide, access Anytime Learning sessions for some common year-end tasks, read the articles from our weekly series of year-end tips, and, of course, download your year-end software and tax updates.
You can also subscribe to the Year-End Information page so that you receive an email notification each time we add new year-end information.
Live Chat with Sage Support
Did you ever have a quick question and wish you could just chat with a Customer Support analyst without picking up the phone? Now you can! If your current service plan includes telephone support, it also includes Live Chat support. It is easy to get started. After logging on to the Sage Customer Portal at https://customers.sagenorthamerica.com, click the Support tab and then click Live Chat to chat online with a Sage Timberline Office support analyst during regular Sage business hours. This is a great option for those quick questions.
Schedule Time With Your Consultant Now
In order to meet customer release needs, certified consultants often schedule their time weeks in advance during a given release. If you rely on your certified consultant to help you with year-end processing, it's a good idea to contact us now to book a time with your certified consultant. 800.458.7369
Update Your Service Plan
In order to keep your business running smoothly and receive the year-end update as soon as it's released, it's critical to keep your service plan up-to-date.
If you are unsure about the status of your service plan, please contact a Sage representative today at 800-858-7098 or log on to https://customers.sagenorthamerica.com and click Self Service > My Requests > Customer Service Request.
Training to Help with Year-End
Online with Bangert Computer Systems
We offer a 4-hour online training course for year-end procedures 2 times per year. This year, they are scheduled for December 5th and December 19th. To register for one of these classes, please visit our website.
Realtime Online Classes for Year-End
Sage offers live, online classes to help you get a better handle on year-end processing. This type of learning environment allows you to interact with the instructor, ask questions, and watch as the instructor guides you step-by step through key year-end tasks.
Register for either a Construction or Real Estate session at http://www.sageu/com/timberline. Then select Product Training > Year-End Procedures > Realtime Learning. 2012 sessions have not been scheduled yet.
After participating in one of these Realtime sessions, you will be familiar with how to:
- Prepare for year-end tasks.
- Print government-required forms such as 1099s, 1098s, and W2s.
- Generate magnetic media.
- Close the year to begin next year processing while still handling year-end adjustments.
- Perform helpful file maintenance procedures to archive data.
Anytime Learning Subscriptions for Year-End
This is pre-recorded, online training that you can view 24/7.
Complete Year-End Procedures Subscription
The complete subscription for Year-End Procedures is available through Sage. The subscription will be updated for 2012 and ready to view by early December. Appropriate for both Construction and Real Estate customers, this subscription includes 25 lessons that cover year-end tasks such as:
- Preparation and filing of 1099s, 1098s, W-2s, and T5018s (Canada)
- Making adjustments to General Ledger
- Archiving data for historical purposes
- Performing closing procedures in Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Payroll, Cash Management, and Property Management
Registration for this subscription gives anyone in your company access to these lessons for a full year. To register, go to http://www.sageu.com/timberline. From the left column, select Product Training, then Year-End Procedures, Anytime Learning. Download the PDF for complete descriptions of these lessons.
Or, maybe you like a blended approach with both live and recorded training? Click here to see upcoming dates for live training with Bangert Computer Systems.
Year-End Tips & Tricks
Beginning in November, be sure to check Your Update! Newsletter for valuable year-end tips and tricks. You will receive Your Update! tips & tricks every week through the end of the year.
Year-End To-Do List
- Order year-end forms.
- Enroll in Aatrix services.
- Update Aatrix in Sage Timberline.
- Contact a certified consultant to schedule time.
- Create email folder and distribution list to store year-end tips emails.
- Schedule year-end training for staff.
October: Contact your business partner to schedule time with your consultant for year-end processing help.
Early November: Year-End Procedures Guide available.
Mid-November: Weekly Year-End Tips emails begin.
December: Year-end updates available per download.
Late December: 2012 payroll tax update available.
Depending on your Sage Service Plan, you may be able to take advantage of the following services:
Sage Customer Portal
You may log on to the Sage Customer Portal at http://www.sagecre.com/customerlogon to access any of the following:
- Knowledgebase: Find answers to your questions, access downloads, and subscribe to your favorite articles. This service is available online 24/7.
- Live Chat: Chat online with a customer support analyst - a great option for quick questions. Chat hours are Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific Time, with the same exceptions as telephone support (see below).
- Online Support Request: Submit an online support ticket when you have a non-urgent question. One of our call center support analysts will assist you. Online support hours are the same as our customer support call center hours (see below).
Sage Customer Support Call Center
Telephone Support: When you have a more urgent question or would prefer to speak to a customer support analyst directly, call us at 800-866-8049. Telephone support is available Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time with the following exceptions:
- Every Thursday from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific Time (closed for customer support staff meetings)
- Quarterly company meetings
- Standard United States holidays:
- November 22 - 23, 2012
- December 24 - 25, 2012
- January 1, 2013
Bangert Computer Systems' Helpdesk Service
Telephone Support: When you have a more urgent question or would prefer to speak to a certified consultant directly, call us at 800-458-7369. Telephone support is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time, except for U.S. Holidays:
- November 22 - 23, 2012
- December 25, 2012
- January 1, 2013