Thanks to the generosity of our community during 2013, we have enjoyed a dynamic year with a number of notable creative and collaborative successes. Help ensure that the year to come is just as bright and make your donation today. Thank you!
- Our audience reached 20,000, including a record six SOLD-OUT performances!
- Our network of artistic collaborators continued to expand, featuring joint programming with Boulder Ballet, Boulder Chorale, Boulder Public Library, Frequent Flyers Aerial Dance, the CU Choruses, and more.
- We initiated a landmark "Nature & Music" partnership with City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, reaching capacity for our ongoing series of guided "musical hikes" on topics including birds, geology, local history and ecology.
- Together with the Geological Society of America we commissioned Jeffrey Nytch's Symphony No. 1, "Formations," as featured on Colorado Public Radio's Colorado Matters on Dec. 23. (listen to the full performance)
- We welcomed renowned violinists Sarah Chang and Jennifer Koh to our stage, gave song to the words of poet Maya Angelou, thrilled to the classical acrobatics of Cirque de la Symphonie, rediscovered beloved masterworks, and brought to life Copland's "Appalachian Spring" in a spectacular multi-genre display.
- Our growing reputation as one of Colorado's premiere ensembles was in evidence with performances in Arvada, Beaver Creek, Denver and Highlands Ranch.
- We again brought over 1,000 4th and 5th grade students to Macky Auditorium for our annual Discovery Concert, a program poised for significant growth.
- We fostered young talent through our 55th Young Artist Concerto Competition, with both the Junior and Senior Division winners performing with the Boulder Phil.
- We joined the Front Range Youth Orchestras in a Side-by-Side performance, to be followed by another mentorship concert with Greater Boulder Youth Orchestras in 2014.
- And following another successful run of our perennial family-favorite Nutcracker, we ended our year with TWO sold-out Christmas with the Phil performances!
Don't let 2013 pass you by without taking the next step to become a supporter of the Boulder Phil.
Make your donation today!
Thank you for a great 2013, and best wishes in the New Year!
Kevin Shuck, Executive Director