Check out CMD-IT's 10 Tips for Resume Writing before you submit your resume to the Tapia Resume Database.
1. Make sure your contact information is correct and professional. Use an email address and phone number that you check regularly.
2. Identify the type of role you are seeking on your resume. Want an internship? Be sure to put that at the top of your resume.
3. Incorporate key words into your resume. Read job descriptions and organizational websites to identify the key words to use.
4. List the classes and certificates completed that are relevant to the positions you are seeking.
5. Highlight key skills.
6. Include jobs, volunteer positions and student organization roles highlighting what you accomplished in those roles.
simple fonts and black text in your resume.
Many organizations scan resumes into a database.
8. Include academic honors, GPA, scholarships and awards you have received.
9. Leverage your network! Have a friend review your resume for spelling and completeness.
10. Proofread, proofread, proofread!
By Jerri Barrett, Director of Social Media, CMD-IT