27 Reasons to come to our 27th Annual
1. Because Caldecott Medalist (and two time Caldecott Honor artist)
has joined our gallery roster and, for the first time, is offering his amazing artwork for sale.
2. Because we are now handling the estate of Caldecott Medalist (plus two time Caldecott Honor artist)
and if you haven't seen his mixed media textured art "in person," you are missing the extent of his genius.
4. Because you will see what your favorite artists are up to
Beyond the Page
when they are doing their most personal fine art projects.
will receive the ninth annual Norton Juster
Reader to Reader
Award for service to the world of Children's Literature and she ALWAYS shows up at your events!
6. Because we are wishing a happy 100th birthday year to
Ezra Jack Keats
by premiering three new limited editions in conjunction with the Keats Foundation (including the Snowy Day cover you have all been asking us about).
7. Because speaking of snow, Caldecott Medalist (and three time Caldecott Honor artist)
will be exhibiting drawings from
has moved to Northampton and your should be here to welcome her! And because Grace Lin is on the shortlist for the National Book Award, and you should be here to congratulate her!
Jon J Muth
will be previewing paintings from his upcoming one-man show.
and Jane Yolen can help you choose your next pet!
18. Because there is a side of Caldecott Medalist
Trina Schart Hyman
you've never seen. Sometimes she got
, very, very angry.
21. Because two books in a row proves
is the queen of Sea Glass.
24. Because two time Caldecott Medalist (plus Honor artist)
has 50 new works at the gallery.
27. Because gallery owner
promises you a
event, and joining us is the logical thing to do!
If you missed
last year's party
and all your friends have told you what an amazing time they had, or if you were at last year's party and had a great time meeting more than 50 of the illustrators and writers behind your favorite children's books...we hope you'll join us for our 27th illustration celebration.
Eric Carle Museum
will be on hand with books for your favorite authors and illustrators to sign (please - no books brought in-buy your books here and help support the Carle Museum).
The exhibit will be on view from November 6 until January 15