|NEW TO VOICE OVER?|
. . . Discover if Voice Over is For You!
New to Voice Over?
Participate in the "Investigate Voice Over Class" for $99 (usually $127) with this coupon!
In this exciting 4-hour class, you will learn the opportunities the industry presents, have a top-working pro assess your potential, and gain a candid evaluation report.
If you show potential, we'll tailor a game-plan and match you with coaches based on your voice, location, and interests. We'll help you pinpoint your most marketable genres (audiobook, animation, commercial, documentary, etc.). And you can credit the $99 to our demo-program.
If you don't show potential, we'll candidly tell you.
It's a practical and comfortable way to determine if voice over is for you.
You'll get an immediate $28 savings from one of the best voice over evaluations in the industry. It's never been easier or more cost-effective to get your questions answered.
Click here to participate in this voice-over evaluation for $99 (usually $127). Enter coupon code: OnlyChargeMe99.Available by tele-class and in-studio (in Los Angeles, New York, Connecticut, Washington DC)
THIS WEEK'S FEATURE ARTICLE
. . . Edge Studio Creates Mock VO Audition Experience
Edge Studio is determined that students in our education program get voice over work, as it is the foundation of our training programs.
In order to better prepare budding voice actors for the real world, we've created a "mock audition" experience for each student to utilize in the middle of their education program.
We call the "mock audition" a Mid-Program Assessment. It consists of a simulated audition scenario, followed by a feedback discussion with a member of the Edge Studio team.
On the surface, it gives a student a taste of what's to come. But deep down, the program is designed to assess the progress of each student. If a student is not reaching the proper benchmarks in their training, new strategies will be considered including altering teaching techniques, matching the student with different voice over coaches, considering other voice over genres for the student to focus on, or having the student speak with a voice acting guidance counselor to determine whether or not they should continue training. Edge Studio does not want to waste student's time or money.
We believe it is extremely important to mentor and train only those who have the ability to succeed in the voice over industry. Training individuals without talent or potential to succeed is ultimately unfair to those students and they are informed of this assessment in an honest, compassionate matter from the initial assessment that every new student goes through.
With quality checks like the Mid-Program Assessment, it is easy to see why Edge Studio is recognized as the most trusted voice over training center in the industry. Candid yet compassionate advice combined with the highest standards to ensure the best career outcome for each student is a trademark of Edge Studio.
"In this day and age, your word is your most powerful tool and Edge Studio does not take that lightly," says Edge Studio owner and director David Goldberg. "It is essential that our students are aware of how they are progressing as well as our opinion of their progression. Giving someone false hope is forbidden at Edge and our feedback reflects this."
Click here to learn more about Edge Studio's Training and Education program.
VO RECORDING CONTEST ENDS TUESDAY!
. . . Join Your Peers in This Week's Voice Over Contest
The Weekly Script Recording Contest
Each week, Edge Studio hosts a free script contest. Every entrant wins and prizes are awarded to the top finalists! But the most beneficial part is what comes after: You can read why the winners won and others didn't. Doing so will train your ears, help you audition better, and please more clients.
Hey, you should practice anyway.
And now win a prize and sharpen your skills for doing so!
Participating is easy!
- Every Friday morning, a new contest is posted on our website.
- Record it at your home studio and upload your entry by Tuesday 11:59pm ET. Click here to submit your entry!
- Wednesday and Thursday, entries will be posted here so you can compare your work against your peers, and "Like" your favorites!
- Every Friday, come back to the contest page where we announce the winners we've selected, prizes, and give valuable feedback on the entries (that directors in real auditions don't typically provide). Then, we go back to step 1 and begin a new contest!
Note: the same entrant will not be chosen to win more than once every other month. Why? Because we also want to reward the entrants who are improving over time.
This week's contest
. . . ENTRIES DUE TUESDAY NIGHT - 11:59PM ET!
Casting call for Balance Bar national TV spot series: union or non-union. Voice actors to begin with a tired, bored and generally "blah-worthy" tone. Music will be in a minor key, visuals will be somewhat dull, on-camera actors will look dragged-down. On sentence 2, the music will kick-up, the visuals will move to brighter, more clear colors, and the on-camera actors will become peppy. Match your vocal energy accordingly. Slate first name, last initial, and code: "BB-tired".
You know that tired feeling you get at 5 pm? Neither do we. BALANCE BAR. For energy that lasts.
● 1st place wins two free months of Edge Studio's Phase 4 training series, which includes coaching by David Goldberg, in his professional's only, Advanced Performance Clinic! Read bio! Phase 4 details!
● 2nd place wins a free 30-minute coaching session with an Edge Studio coach of your choice - meet them all!
● 3rd place wins a free checkup session with an Edge studio coach of your choice - meet them all!
● Just for entering, have your submitted audition personally evaluated by an Edge Studio voice coach! Only $20 (reg. $27). Just click here to upload your entry to our checkup site, and check out with coupon code EntryPrize20.
CLICK HERE to submit your entry and get a prize!
|THIS WEEK'S LEARNING SPECIAL|
. . . 3 Ways to Improve Your Audition Stats! $97!
Three Terrific Ways We'll Help You
Improve Your Audition Stats, for $97!!
- 30-Minute Commercial Audition Prep Session
- Your choice of voice actor pro: David Guzzone, Michael Ingram, or Kristin Price
- 90- Minute Audition Ringer Class
- Simulated audition - find out whether or not you would have won the audition... and why!
- Audition Checkup
- Important audition? Get a second opinion before you send it!
Our goal is to help you win many more jobs . . .
because even one should ensure you re-cover the $97.
Interested? Call Edge Studio 888-321-EDGE (3343).
|FREE AND OPEN "VOICE-OVER TALK TIME!"|
. . . What's On Your Mind?
"Voice-Over Talk Time" is a free time to speak openly
with like-minded people, interested in the same topic.
V.O. TechTalk: Talk about all things home studio! Mics, sound pads, editing. . .
First Sunday of every month, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
V.O. ProTalk: For working pros only! Client issues, swap ideas, network. . .
Second Sunday of each month, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
V.O. TrainingTalk: Training? Speak with others doing the same!
Third Sunday of each month, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
V.O. TopicTalk: Open platform to anonymously discuss a controversial topic.
Fourth Sunday of each month, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
V.O. OpenTalk: Meet people, find practice partners, mingle. . .
When the month has a Fifth Sunday, 9:45 pm - 10:45 pm ET
No agenda, no outline. Just call in, join the discussion, ask questions,
mingle, network, and build relationships with your peers!
Dial 1-641-594-7078 (no registration necessary)
from any telephone (cell, landline, Skype, ...).
Moderated by EdgeStudio.com.
It's free, and anyone can join the call!
|RECORDING WITH AUDACITY|
. . . With Engineer and Home Studio Expert Dan Friedman
Learn the technical stuff...
so you can focus on Performance!
... With Engineer & Home Studio Expert Dan Friedman
This exclusive 2-hour webinar is limited to 20 students
. . . For the ultimate hands on experience: $97!
Via Webinar on Tuesday, August 14, 8pm - 10pm ET.
Audacity is one of the most popular and free downloadable recording platforms for Voice Over. But it does not come with instructions!!
Dan Friedman will demystify this simple software so home recordings will be smooth sailing.
Walk away knowing:
- The best way to route your mic
- How to set levels that match your voice
- Tips to speed up your recording and editing
- How to import music tracks and best mix them
- How to save and convert files to MP3 and other formats
So if you're using or planning on using Audacity, this is the time-saving, engineer-pleasing, sound enhancing, recording better class you need!
To register call Edge Studio 888-321-EDGE (3343).
Dan Friedman attended five universities and had three majors before being introduced to audio engineering in 1994. Realizing his career dream, he ended his educational journey at The Recording Workshop in Chillicothe, Ohio finishing among the top 5 in his class.
After years of working in recording studios and in radio he began work at ProComm Voices in 2001,where he continues to work as an engineer, producer and voiceover talent. With over 10 years at ProComm Voices, he has produced, directed or provided his voice to thousands of audio productions.
|YOUR NEWSLETTER PREFERENCES|
. . . Update It Here!
Which voice over educational newsletter do you want?
- Special Offers On Voice Over Training - Find out about voice over instructors who offer special learning prices, exclusive classes from Edge Studio, new training techniques, and more.
- Voice Over Edge-ucation! - Start Monday off with a dose of Voice Over Edge-ucation. Unique and valuable tips and articles to help you start, build, and grow your voice over business.
- The Talkback - Keep up with voice over technology, production shortcuts, casting insight, and more! Once a month, The Talkback delivers cool new info!
- The Voice Over Free Career Center Newsletter - The Free Career Center provides free tools for voice actors to build their VO business. Each Tuesday, get a new script contest AND a free resource! Each Friday get winners and prizes!
- Voice Over Community Newsletter - Every Thursday we interview a voice talent, prepare voice over surveys, and more. This is a great chance to get to know your VO neighbors!
- Spanish Voice Over Newsletter - Stay informed of Spanish training workshops, special clinics, and the latest news and information on Spanish voice over.
- Voice Over Casting Notice - The Production Department at Edge Studio casts voice over artists EVERY DAY! When our clients request a voice-type that's not in our library, we send out this notice.
Click here to update your preferences:
Step 1) Re-enter your email address where it says: "Please enter your email address below to sign up for our mailing list." Hit submit.
Step 2) Done! You will be emailed a link which leads you to our newsletter selection. Check any that interest you!
Our goal is to provide information that is useful and will help your Voice Over career, not to crowd your inbox with unwanted emails. Please only sign up for the free emails you want. Unsubscribe at any time.
We will never sell our email list to anyone else. We respect your privacy and personal information.
|ABOUT EDGE AND CONTACT EDGE|
. . . Our Contact Information Is Below
Who What Where is Edge Studio?
Edge Studio is an international team of voice over experts who help you start, build, and grow your voice over business.
And we're the most recognized and trusted voice over training organization, always glad to help any way we can. Hey, 1,000 new professional voice actors can't be wrong!
Specifically we help:
Could we hire you?
- Aspiring voice-actors determine if they're marketable, and if they are, we personalize training programs to match their voice, interests, and strengths, and provide the performance and business skills they'll need for success.
- Established voice-actors increase their business by exploring new VO genres, enhancing their delivery, learning new studio tricks, consulting on business practices, and getting out of ruts.
- The Voice Over Community by sponsoring the industry's Free Career Center.
Yes. Because we only train those with potential (yes, we turn others away), and because we train them correctly, we promote their demos to our production clients. (Our production clients range from Skype web-tutorials to Marvel Comics animated productions.)
Questions? Comments? Want to chat? Please feel welcome to say hi!
Telephone & Skype Training 888-321-edge
New York 212-868-edge
Los Angeles 310-312-edge
Washington DC 202-398-edge
Member Better Business Bureau
Member Voice and Speech Trainers Association
Sponsor National Public Radio, Reading Ally
At Edge Studio, you're in very professional company!
Edge Studio trains news agenciesGood Morning America ● Fox News ● CNN ● National Public Radio ● Associated Press ● ESPN ● Discovery ● Lifetime ● Bloomberg Radio ● CBS ● countless radio stations ● countless networks professionals
Edge Studio coaches TV actorsStyle Network's reality show "Clean House" ● Star Michael Schulson in Style Network's "Pantry Raid" ● Star Jason Cameron in TLC's "While You Were Out" ● Star Lisa Loeb in E Channel's "#1 Single" ● PBS's "POV" ● Stars Angeline Hartman and Tom Morris in "America's Most Wanted" ● many others
Edge Studio directs celebritiesMel Brooks ● Joan Rivers ● Phil Donahue ● Kate Jackson ● Eartha Kitt ● Tom Brokaw ● John Ratzenberger ● Method Man ● Geoffrey Holder ● Denise Austin ● Mark Linn-Baker ● Lisa Loeb ● Robert Vaughn ● BD Wong ● Melissa Joan Hart ● Mason Adams ● over 35 Broadway leading actors ● over 40 leading television actors