Know Your Neighborhood by Bike Tour
We hope you can join us on Saturday, February 16th, from 11:30am to 1:30pm
for an easy, informative, and fun tour of District 3 by bike!
The purpose of this tour is to:
- Enjoy our beautiful district by bike on an easy, safe ride no more than 5 miles long.
- Receive basic bike safety tips from Bike Long Beach's "Share Our Streets" road safety campaign.
- Learn "hands on" on tips from the upcoming "Street Savvy" adult bicycle education classes.
- Learn how slowing the traffic on 2nd Street has helped make Belmont Shore the most successful business district in Long Beach.
- Learn about how easily a bike can help you achieve your fitness and even money saving goals.
- Learn about new bicycle infrastructure coming to the 3rd District.
- Meet other district residents passionate about making a safer and more fun environment for all modes of transportation.
There are limited spaces available for this tour - only 25.
Please contact my office at (562) 570-6300 to reserve your place. For those who do not have bikes we will have 10 available to borrow (please reserve with your place on the tour). The meeting location will be sent to you with your confirmation as a member of the tour.
If you'll be joining us on the tour please:
- Bring your bike helmet, water, and sunscreen.
- Make sure to have your bike in good repair! Jones Bicycles on 2nd Street will be happy to help you with that!
- Note the tour may be rescheduled if we run into weather challenges.
To join us, you must first RSVP at 562-570-6300 or at District3@longbeach.gov. Please contact us soon as space is limited!
|Kellie Morris of Long Beach's Women on Bikes SoCal: Plan Your Trip in Advance! |
Councilmember, 3rd District