The Orange County 4-H Executive Board is currently accepting nominations for President, Treasurer, and Recording Secretary. These positions are a two-year term, serving the 2017-19 program years.
The position descriptions are as follows, taken from County Bylaws:
It shall be the duty of the president to:
- Preside over all regular and special meetings of the County 4-H Council
- Serve as ex-officio member of all committees of the County 4-H Council and appoint the members of such committees
- Call special meetings when necessary and in concurrence with the county 4-H YDP staff
- Prepare Executive Committee and 4-H Council meeting agendas in consultation with the county 4-H YDP staff
- Have signature authority on the 4-H Council checking account and savings account
- Have voting rights when a motion is on the floor and results in a tie vote
- Convene a complaint review committee in conjunction with 4-H staff
- Appoint committees
It shall be the duty of the Recording secretary to:
* Record the full and complete minutes of all meetings of the 4-H County Council and those of the Executive Board. Motions made during the meeting and the result thereof should be accurately documented and recorded.
* Provide a set of all 4-H County Council minutes to the county 4-H YDP staff within 14 days following each council meeting. These minutes will be made available to the membership at large with no exceptions.
* Keep a record of those present at the 4-H County Council meeting (units another individuals).
* Have signature authority on the 4-H County Council checking account and savings account
* Attend regular Executive Board meetings.
It shall be the duty of the treasurer to:
* Keep accurate financial records, copies of invoices bills, etc., relating to the funds and property of the 4-H County Council, accounting fully for all receipts and expenditures.
* Receive, record and deposit all funds in a regulated bank or similar financial institution to the account established for the 4-H County Council.
* Pay bills and make other authorized expenditures provided for in the budget or otherwise approved by the 4-H County Council.
* Secure authorization by the 4-H County Council for disbursement of all funds.
* Comply with all University of California financial policies and procedures as outlined in the 4-H YDP Policy Handbook.
* Furnish financial reports annually at year-end and at such times as required by the 4-H County Council and the county director. Financial reports should include a Statement of Financial Position (balance sheet), a Statement of Revenues and Expenses (income statement), and a list of tax identification numbers used in the county 4-H County Council system/program.
* Act as custodian of all funds and personal property of the 4-H County Council, and keep a current list of all such property.
* Prepare all financial records for an annual audit or peer review in accordance with University of California procedures.
* Prepare and file all reports required by federal, state and local governmental agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service (990), California State Franchise Tax Board, and the State Board of Equalization, where and when applicable.
* Forward annual financial reports to the county director or designee at the close of the 4-H program year and no later than September 15th.
* Have signature authority on the 4-H County Council checking account and savings account.
* Attend Regular Executive Board meetings.
We hope to vote at the next County Council meeting on Tuesday, June 27th @ 7pm. To make a nomination, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4-H Executive Board