Look for our next weekly newsletter on March 30, 2017
What does WPH believe?
Business, Labour & Community: Planning for Prosperity!
2017 EmployerOne Survey results: Checking the pulse of Hamilton's labour market in real time
Workforce Planning Hamilton is happy to announce the release of the 2017 EmployerOne Survey results!
This year 238 employers took the time to complete the survey, an increase of 100 employers from last year. Thanks to the employers who completed the survey and our partners who shared the survey with their employer contacts.
What are the 6 things you need to know about Hamilton's labour market in 2017?
1. Employers are cautiously optimistic and hiring is estimated to be slightly higher than last year.
2. Increasingly more jobs are part-time, seasonal or contract.
3. There continue to be jobs for people that lack a post-secondary education.
4. Construction and Manufacturing are 2 sectors that have recruitment challenges.
5. The start-up sector is strong in Hamilton, with 20% of businesses being established within the last 5 years.
6. Work ethic is the most important soft skill that employers seek.