Before each Love Letter to you, I ask Alim - my main guide - to guide me to write what your soul wants to receive and what my soul needs to offer. I do this in different ways and I'll share how in a moment. Firstly, Spirit Guides are usually souls who have walked the earth and are in spirit discarnate, or in some cases are walking the earth now incarnate and may just live in a different part of the world. We have at least one spirit guide, my understanding is that we have one who stays with us throughout our lives, others can come and go. So we can imagine that one guide is family and all the other guides are friends. Alim is my family.
One of my teachers said only those in pursuit of psychic and mediumistic development have Spirit Guides, but I believe she meant that only those on this path have guides who work with mediumistic and psychic gifts. Guides have different reasons for being with us. I'm not going into that right now, instead let's get right to how to connect with them.
Part of the shifting energies has to do with our AWAKENING - this word that has popped up frequently this past week so I know it has a message for all of us. The awakening is a return to the true you, to the deepest connection with the Sacred Source of your Divine Self that in part is residing in the temple of your body. I believe that connecting with those willing to support us is also part of this awakening.
1. Acknowledge you are a spirit having a human experience. When you do this it shifts your energy and helps those in spirit to connect with you. Simple, but very effective, it puts you in a more sympathetic energy and not one that is separate.
2. Intention is everything! You don't need to know what your guides look like, what their names are, or how many you have. If your intention is to connect that energy will guide the connection.
3. Clear your energy field. Before I work with Alim I have a shower, keep my mind empty of outside stimuli and I wear white. I can connect with him other times without doing this ritual, but when I channel with him he is steeling into my energy field and I want it to be as clear and as clean as possible. He appreciates this. So on this same note, be aware that if you have lots of negative thoughts it can be a bit more challenging for your guides to step in and communicate with you.
4. Invite your guides in! You would think this is a no brainer, but let's just imagine that your energy field is your home. You intention sent an invitation out to come on over to your place, but you haven't invited your guides in, you need to open your door and tell them they can come in, otherwise they might just loiter around on the outskirts of your energy field.
5. Communication is a two-way street! Imagine you are making a phone call to your guides. They can hear you but you can't hear them, so how do they know you can't hear them unless you tell them? Ask them to speak up, ask them to talk to you in one ear, ask them to touch you, ask them to show you a color representing their message, ask them what that color means, ask them to speak slower, repeat the message, come back at 10.00am tomorrow to reconnect, etc. They will accommodate your requests, but you do have to ask, they are learning too.
6. Say thank you! They don't need you to thank them, but your gratitude gives back to them. They are working in service to help and guide you. They're not getting paid, so your appreciation of their presence and guidance in your life touches their hearts and makes their energy glow, can you imagine how cool that is? Then everyone will know that the person your guide is working with really really appreciates them. Now how wouldn't like that!
7. Ask your guides to guide you. I began this letter by saying that I'd asked Alim what I should write about. Your guides are awaiting to guide you, all you have to do it ask! When I asked Alim, I felt a desire to scan through my previous articles - so with my eyes closed, and my finger on my computer mouse, I moved through my documents folder and when I felt a "NOW" I stopped and opened my eyes. There highlighted on my computer screen was one of my articles about Working With Spirit. I looked through the article and understood what I needed to do. Alim didn't send words, he sent me impressions. Impressions are feelings but I don't always get emotional energy with it. I often get this, I get impressions to open a certain book, or play around with my iPod knowing that a song will have a message for me.
These are just 7 of my Tips, there are more, but start with these first. To begin working with your guides
* find a quiet space
* just spend a few minutes relaxing
* let your mind go blank
* ground yourself
* protect yourself in light
* I always like to say a prayer do what feels right for you
* then invite your guides to join you and work with you.
Just work with them for 10 minutes each day. Try to make it the same time each day and sit in the same place. They will be there if you send the invitation out. When you finish working with them ask them to help you to close your energies down. When you do this work you expand your energy field, so just ask your guides to help you decrease the energy. You'll feel your energy going down, you might physically feel your energy changing as if you're in an elevator. Once your energy has decreased (this is psychic spiritual energy not your physical) you might find yourself yawning, this is just letting off the excess. You can then cleanse yourself with light again and put yourself in a cloak of protection. I like to reground myself too. I find that energy work lifts me up and sometimes I can still feel as if I'm up there when I need to be down here:)
The first meditation on my Chakra Workout Meditation CD will also help you connect. You can get this as a standalone download. I use this in all of my Intuition Playshops. This guides you to open your chakras, connect with your guides, and then close your chakras down - this is a good routine to have.
Let me know if these tips help your connection.