The intent of the Industrial Light District (IL) is to permit light manufacturing, processing, storage and warehousing, wholesaling and distribution. Residential uses are prohibited except for the limited purpose of supporting an on-premises operation. Service and commercial activities relating to the character of the district and in support of activities conducted in the district are permitted. Certain commercial uses related to automotive and heavy equipment sales and repair are permitted.
A Few of the Permitted Uses/Structures:
1. Bulk storage yards, not including bulk storage of flammable liquids.
2. Light manufacturing, processing (including food processing, but not slaughterhouses), packaging or fabricating in a building that is capable of being completely enclosed.
3. Medical clinic, miscellaneous uses such as express office, telephone exchange, motor bus, truck, railroad or other transportation terminal and related uses; railroad siding.
4. Outdoor storage yards and lots (with certain regulations)
5. Printing, lithographing, publishing or similar establishments.
6. Retail sale, rental or repair of automobiles, motorcycles, trucks and tractors, mobile homes, boats, automotive parts and accessories (but not junkyards or automotive vehicle wrecking yards), heavy machinery and equipment, farm equipment; car wash; retail establishments for sale of farm supplies, lumber and building supplies, monuments and similar uses; marinas, boat yards and ways; parking lot.
7. Vocational, technical, trade or industrial schools and similar uses; services establishments catering to commerce and industry including linen supply, laundry or dry clean processing, coin-operated laundries, freight movers, building trades contractors, communication services, business machine services, canteen services, restaurant (including drive-in restaurant), hiring and union halls, employment agency, sign company and similar uses.
8. Wholesaling, warehousing, storage or distribution establishments and similar uses.
9. Construction office, including one within a mobile home or similar structure.
11. Commercial radio and TV receiving facilities.