INFORMATION CENTRAL FOR OUR DRESS REHEARSAL & RECITAL NEXT WEEK!
PLACE YOUR ORDERS TODAY!
Would you like to present your special dancer with some beautiful flowers after they have finished dancing? Well, we can help make it easy and convenient for you! Pre-order your dancers flowers through this online link and your order will be ready and waiting for you the day of the show at Welland Centennial! How awesome is that!?
KEEPSAKE RECITAL DVD/BLU-RAY
Purchase your professionally recorded copy of the entire Recital so you have a wonderful keepsake of your special dancer's 2018 Dance Recital! Dancers of all ages LOVE watching not only their own routines but everyone else's as well!
Please be reminded that taking photos and/or video during the Recital is strictly prohibited.
This is a major distraction to not only our dancers on stage but also other audience members.
BE IN THE MOMENT AND ENJOY WITHOUT HAVING TO RECORD OR USE YOUR PHONE! WE HAVE A PROFESSIONAL DOING IT FOR YOU!
Order forms are also available at the studio - check with the front desk. You may fill out and return your order form to the studio prior to Thursday, June 14th OR you can return it to the school on Recital Day and submit to Replay Productions directly. They will be set up in the lobby at Welland Centennial.
REMINDER: All of those fantastic photos that were taken at the studio on Picture Day will be available for purchase at Welland Centennial Secondary School during both our Dress Rehearsal and our Recital. Don't forget to stop by the Fred's Photography tables in the lobby to pick yours up!
*Do you have a local business you would like to promote?
*Would you like to say "Congratulations" to your special dancer?
*What about wishing a special person a "Happy Father's Day", "Birthday" or "Anniversary"?
Our Recital program goes out to approximately 600-800 people the day of the show.
Email Miss Mandy ASAP (Deadline: Friday, June 8th) to reserve your spot today!
Size Options & Pricing (All prices are subject to HST)
Dancer's Message/Congratulations/Anniversary/Birthday: $25.00
Business Card (Business Ad): $50.00
1/2 Page: $75.00
Full Page: $100.00
Back Cover: $150.00
Money is due upon final ad approval.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book your spot!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE DRESS REHEARSAL
& SHOW DAY!
DRESS REHEARSAL 2018 - FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2018
Have a question? Hopefully it’s answered below! If not, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to help!
Location: Welland Centennial Secondary School
Time: Between 4-9PM (Please see your class listed below for your specific time)
- Dancers should arrive at least one half hour prior to their scheduled class time – school will NOT BE AVAILABLE or OPEN to us until 3:30PM – please do not arrive beforehand!
- This is a FULL DRESS REHEARSAL so dancers may come dressed in their costume with their hair and make-up done – please make sure they are covered up so as not to spill anything on it before the show!
- We will have girl’s and boy’s change rooms set up (classrooms) in the hallway
- There is a limit of two adults per family for dress rehearsal. This is NOT the performance so please refrain from bringing extra family members - there will be an additional fee (charge) for those who bring more than the allotted two adults/family.
- The auditorium will be open at approximately 3:45PM
- No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium with the exception of bottled water
- The Dress Rehearsal is your ONLY opportunity to take pictures and video while your dancer is performing on stage as this will NOT be allowed during the Recital on June 16th. We will have a professional video offered for sale by Replay Productions so that you can just sit back and enjoy the show in present form without the hassle of having to video! (Video Order Form available at the studio front desk, by clicking on the link above or at the Recital)
- It is a beautiful auditorium, however unfortunately the school is NOT air conditioned so it will likely be HOT considering this is June. Please come dressed cool in anticipation of hot temperatures
- To keep with tradition, the Daddy/Daughter Routine is CLOSED to the audience members (we like to keep it a surprise for the actual show) therefore we will ask the audience to step out during that time – we appreciate your understanding!
- Upon arrival, dancers AND parents may enter the auditorium to wait until their class is announced. Once announced, an EDC staff member will meet them side stage to pick them up – after dancing, the dancers will be brought back out to the audience to meet you – this is ONLY for our Dress Rehearsal as we will NOT be doing this procedure for our Recital.
- Dancers are certainly not expected to stay the entire rehearsal. This is one of the reasons we rehearse mostly by age, rather than actual show order. This is a stage rehearsal to get our dancers on stage to run through their routine in costume, you may leave any time after your dancer has danced as we know they have to rest up for our BIG SHOW the next day!
- We run a VERY INFORMAL Dress Rehearsal…it should be noted that teachers may walk on stage or talk during the stage time. Some routines may dance only once while others may dance twice – it just depends.
- Our Recital is RUN VERY different from our Rehearsal – during Rehearsal we will invite the dancers back stage (a teacher will collect them in the audience and bring them back out after dancing). This is completely different for our actual Recital – Having said that, all Recital reminders, etc. is also listed in this email below.
- Why do dancers have to attend dress rehearsal? PLEASE READ! The time for dress rehearsal is an investment in your child's dance education and while it may seem a little inconvenient (and a long way to travel for a short time on stage) it WILL serve as the best preparation for being on stage. It is very important that EVERY dancer is familiar with the stage, lighting, sound, exits and entrances, etc. to ensure a smooth show. A big part of the dance training process includes learning through performance. The experience helps build self-esteem, self-assurance, and contributes to a sense of confidence. That onstage experience can result in better in-school presentations, improved social skills, and strong interview skills for future college or job opportunities. The rehearsal process is a tremendous learning experience as well. It helps the children develop retention skills, and by working with their classmates on a group performance, they learn the positive aspects of working as a team to create the best end result.
RECITAL DAY! IT'S SHOWTIME! SATURDAY, JUNE 16, 2018
Location: Welland Centennial Secondary School
Address: 240 Thorold Road West, Welland
School Doors Open: 10AM
Auditorium Doors Open: 10:30AM
Have you purchased your tickets yet? If not, please do so at
– anyone wishing to enter the auditorium MUST have a ticket other than our designated EDC Volunteers.
PLEASE NOTE: TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE SCHOOL – TICKETS CANNOT BE PURCHASED AT THE DOOR AND MUST BE PURCHASED BEFOREHAND.
RECITAL DAY FAQ
Need a question answered and can’t find it below? Be sure to email Miss Mandy!
1. Does my dancer show up in their costume?
We do have class rooms available for dressing at the Recital however it is best for your dancer to come in costume with their hair and make-up done and ready to go! If your dancer has more than one routine, that’s when we suggest bringing their other costume(s) in a garment bag to keep it clean and neat!
2. My dancer has more than one routine in the show – do I change them and get them ready for their routines in between or will someone else take care of this?
Yes, this is up to you to get your dancer ready for their routines. We suggest you sign them out of the waiting area after they are finished their first routine and then get them ready right away (in the designated class room) for their next routine so they are ready to go! If they have time in between and a seat in the audience, they are more than welcome to sit and watch….just make sure you have them signed back into the dancer’s waiting area about 5 numbers prior to their next performance on stage.
3. My dancer is very young, does she still need to wear make-up?
YES! We would like ALL of our female dancers to wear make-up on stage. Without it, it is impossible to see a person's face on stage. It is important to understand why performers of all ages need to wear stage makeup. As we all already know, no child needs makeup to look beautiful. Wearing makeup on stage is NOT about trying to improve your looks. It is about being seen under bright lights from a far distance. Stage lights are extremely bright and will wash out any and all facial features if no makeup is applied. It is difficult to see a dancer's eyes and smile in the bright stage lights. Stage makeup makes it possible to see your child from a distance.
It can be very difficult to apply makeup to a very young child. We hear all the time that getting them to sit still long enough for hair and makeup when they are so excited about the recital can be a challenge. Also, it is important to note that not all young children like the sensation of makeup being applied (usually eyeliner and mascara), and because of this, applying certain kinds of makeup can quickly become a real challenge.
If you are a brand new dance mom, or if you have a child that is very young or sensitive to certain kinds of makeup, we ask you to just try to apply what you can, and not worry about the rest.
**It is most important to apply one color of eyeshadow on the lid of the eye, mascara, blush, and lipstick.**
4. Where does my dancer go upon arrival to the school? How do they prepare to go on stage with their class? And what happens when they are finished dancing on stage?
*If your dancer has a ticket/seat in the audience then they are more than welcome to watch and enjoy the show from there!
It is important to note that it will be your responsibility to
MAKE SURE your dancer is signed into the dancer’s waiting area at least FIVE NUMBERS prior to their routine!
You will receive a program when you enter the audience so you can keep track. We will be lining our dancers up to go backstage at about that time so we want ALL of our dancers in one spot and ready to go! It is IMPORTANT to note that we will NOT be calling the dancers backstage or collecting them from the audience if they are NOT in the Dancer’s Waiting Area. With a seat in the audience, you may sign your dancer OUT of the waiting area when they are finished dancing so they can go back and enjoy the rest of the show!
*If your dancer does NOT have a ticket/seat in the audience then they are more than welcome to be signed in to the Dancer’s Waiting Area prior to the start of the show.
After they have finished dancing on stage, it will be up to you whether or not you sign them out of the waiting area OR have them remain there while you watch the show from the audience.
ALL DANCERS will be asked to go back out on stage for a final bow - this is
and not a requirement, however we do LOVE to see our dancers stay for the show and come out on stage again at the end! This is one of the many reasons we like to make our show early in the day as opposed to later in the evening for our younger dancers. We will collect all dancers from the "Dancer's Waiting Area" about 5 numbers prior to the end of the show to line up for the FINALE. Please have your dancer back in the waiting area for that time. You will then collect your dancer from an EDC staff member on stage following the finale. No sign out required at that time. Please make sure you let an EDC staff member know when you take your dancer from stage following the finale.
5. I’m new to EDC, what is the DANCER’S WAITING AREA?
The safety of our dancers is
and we want all of our EDC dance families to be able to have a fun, worry and stress free time at our Recital.
We designate the School Cafeteria every year for our Recital (it is important to note that this will NOT be open on Friday during Rehearsal) in order to keep ALL of our dancers contained in one safe area before and after they dance.
Dancers are escorted from the waiting area to backstage and back after they have finished dancing.
*All parents of every dancer entering the waiting area MUST sign their dancer IN to the waiting area before they dance and OUT when they are finished – the person signing the dancer in must be the same person signing them out.
*For safety reasons,
the dancer’s waiting area is designated ONLY for dancers, EDC Staff and Volunteers. NO PARENTS are allowed to enter the Cafeteria at any time.
We ask that you please respect this. Should you see parents in the cafeteria they are either a Recital Volunteer OR they are dancers in the show! We do have many mom’s and dad’s also dancing the show and (as dancers) they are allowed to wait in the dancer’s waiting area as well.
*Is the dancer’s waiting area supervised?
Absolutely! Our dancers are NEVER LEFT ALONE once they are checked into the waiting area. If a dancer has to use the restroom they are escorted to and from the restroom, never sent on their own.
Who is in charge in the Dancers Waiting Area? We have TWO MAIN SUPERVISORS in charge this year and they will both be wearing Red EDC Recital VOLUNTEER shirts. We are happy to welcome back
as she has been our main supervisor for MANY years now. Barb is also a Registered Early Childhood Educator and is a Binbrook Co-op Pre-School Supervisor and Teacher. She has her First Aid and CPR certification as well as her Police Vulnerable Sector Check. Barb brings many activities for the children to partake in when they are waiting so they are not bored! They will have fun and keep busy so the time will go quickly for them! Along with Barb, we are welcoming back Miss Mandy's sister-in-law,
to the Dancer’s Waiting Area. Kristina has also helped us for many years. She holds her Bachelor of Education and is the YMCA Supervisor at St. John’s School. She also has her First Aid and CPR certification and her Police Vulnerable Sector Check. The children adore both Miss Barb and Miss Kristina and we are very lucky to have them volunteer their time each year. Along with our Main Supervisors we will also have a few VOLUNTEER responsible and mature students hand picked by Miss Mandy.
**It is important to note that when your dancer is NOT signed IN to the waiting area they MUST be with you or a family member. Our EDC Staff and Volunteers are super busy with the show and their designated jobs so they are not able to keep track of dancers when they are not in the waiting area or backstage.
EDC is not responsible for the dancers when they are not signed in.
6. My dancer has a QUICK CHANGE….ONE number in between routines – How does he/she get dressed and ready in between in order to ensure they make it on stage?
When a dancer has one routine in between they obviously cannot make it to the change room and back on time so we will have a QUICK CHANGE area set up backstage for this! We ask that any parents helping the dancers set up the dancer’s costume and accessories, etc. BEFORE the show starts so it’s ready to go! Remember to STAY CALM & PATIENT when changing – this will help ensure you are ready to go in time! Any parents or helpers helping with quick changes MUST be female as we will have other dancers changing as well. PARENTS who have a dancer with a quick change will be permitted into the quick change area. *A PIECE OF ADVICE! If you have a quick change, PRACTICE at home! Have your dancer put on the costume they start with and time out changing into the next costume. This is always lots of fun and will get you ready for show day! You will be a pro in no time!
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES TO KNOW FOR RECITAL DAY!
*Please remember to check, check and triple check your dancer’s costumes, accessories, etc. BEFORE leaving the house on Recital day. Make sure you have everything including shoes and hats, hair accessories, tights, etc. This is very important!
*The school may be confusing so we will have signs with directions labelled for your convenience.
*Reminder: Although this is a very nice auditorium, it is an older school so it is NOT AIR CONDITIONED! Please dress according to the weather and let any of your family members or friends know if they are coming to watch.
No parents are allowed backstage at any time
– the backstage area is for EDC STAFF and dancers only. Any dancer using the upstairs (back stage) dressing areas, MUST not have a parent. So if you need a parent to help you, you must change in the class rooms provided.
*Our EDC Competitive Company parents will be at the concession stand before the show as well as at Intermission selling bottled water and small snacks.
*The school auditorium does not allow any food or drink to be brought in at any time other than bottled water.
*We ask that you please respect not only the dancers on stage but your fellow audience members and do NOT ENTER OR EXIT the auditorium while dancers are on stage. You may do so in between routines.
*EDC has a simple, non-formal Finale at the end of the show. Dancers will be asked to line up in the Dancer's Waiting Area about five numbers prior to the end of the show.
*We realize that it’s a LONG show, we have so many talented dancers and we love to showcase them all! For this reason,
we do encourage our dancers and families to stay for the entirety of the show!
We have some really great performances and ALL of our dancers want an audience to watch them on stage…even those in the 2
half of the show! There’s nothing more sad then looking out into the audience during the second half and seeing just a few parents out there….a FULL audience is AMAZING and highly appreciated by our dancers! It’s also great for your dancer (with a ticket and seat in the audience) to sit and enjoy the other routines and other dancers. They can cheer their friends on or see what a certain style of dance is all about. We have many of our Competitive Company dancers dancing in the second half and you don’t want to miss those routines either! It’s ONE day of the year and it’s a day to CELEBRATE each and every one of our dancers, this is what they have been working towards for ten months!
LET’S ALL ENJOY THE SHOW!
FOR OUR DANCERS:
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AT DRESS REHEARSAL NEXT FRIDAY AND THEN AGAIN AT OUR BIG SHOW ON SATURDAY! DON’T FORGET YOUR SMILES, IT’S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY! REMEMBER THAT RECITAL DAY IS ALL ABOUT
ARE THE STAR OF THE SHOW SO GO OUT THERE AND SHINE!
KEEP DANCIN’, MISS MANDY
DON'T FORGET TO LIKE US ON FACEBOOK AND FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM!