FIDF provides the educational, cultural, recreational, and social welfare programs that provide hope, purpose, and life-changing support for the soldiers of the IDF. These programs are defined by six pillars of the organization, one of which is the Lone Soldiers pillar.
The FIDF Lone Soldiers Program supports IDF Lone Soldiers financially, socially, and emotionally during their military service.
FIDF Lone Soldier support includes:
- A 24/7 call center to assist soldiers and parents in as many as five languages
- A Lone Soldiers Center where soldiers can visit at any time for assistance and social gatherings
- Shabbat and holiday meals
- Social network for soldiers, social events and educational opportunities
- Adoptive families
- Grants and financial assistance
- Flights to visit family in their countries of origin
- Post service academic scholarships for those who are eligible
- Career counseling
- Education and academic guidance
We wanted to share with you the gratitude of lone soldiers for the generosity of FIDF supporters.
We are here to make sure that lone soldiers are NEVER alone!
We salute all lone soldiers. We thank you.
Director, Westchester/CT Chapter