This year will feature several optional sessions and events. To help you think ahead:
1. If you have applied for the Independence at Home Demonstration, be sure to sign up for the Learning Collaborative May 2 from 1-5 PM (separate registration required). Click here to learn more and click here to register.
2. Thursday May 3 7:00 AM, Willow Room: Education Interest Group. Join this group for breakfast outside the meeting room for the Practice Management Day. There you will give final input to the competencies list you think home care medicine providers should have, and talk about next steps in weaving these competencies into future educational programming and publications of the AAHCP. The session will be led by Past President Dr. Edward Ratner.
3. Thursday May 3 Lunch from 12:30-1:30, Willow Room: Join Board members Brent Feorene, Dr. Steve Phillips, Members Dr. Teresa Soriano and Dr. Raul Khorane in a discussion of what we know about the role of home care medicine programs in reducing hosptial readmissions. Especially for those of you working with or making proposals to hospitals. (A preliminary handout will be available; a Frontiers article will come out of this session)
4. Thursday, May 3 5:00 PM: Join us for a Networking Reception, co-sponsored by Cleveland Clinic, Harden Healthcare, Invacare, and NAHC where you will have a chance to meet and interact with other members and unwind with snacks and drinks.
5. Friday, May 4 Lunch 12:30-1:30, Willow Room: Join Past Presidents Dr. Tom Edes and Gresham Bayne, and Dr. George Margelis in discussing the current usage of telemedicine with home-limited patients. (A handout will be be available; a Frontiers article will come out of this session).
We hope you can participate in these additional sessions and we will see you in Seattle!