In evaluating proposals, the AChemS Program Committee will favor criteria 1-3 above. Successful symposia will be interdisciplinary, integrated, synergistic and include multiple model systems. Symposia should comprise a slate of speakers that balances career stage and gender, and preferably, includes first-time AChemS attendee(s).
Symposia should not serve as an opportunity to showcase the work of the symposia organizers and their lab members.
To promote participation across disciplines and to attract new investigators to the Annual Meeting, funds will be available to cover registration fees and provide up to $1000 for travel expenses for first-time, non-member attendee speakers.
The submission form requires the following information:
- Symposium Title.
- Names and affiliations of the symposium chair(s), who must be an AChemS member(s) in good standing.
- A one paragraph synopsis of the symposium theme.
- The names, affiliations and tentative talk titles for the four confirmed speakers.
- One paragraph that highlights how the proposed symposium meets the review criteria above.
- Potential sponsors including corporations, non-profit organizations or government agencies.
Symposia chairs will be notified of the Program Committee's decision in early October.
Please address any questions to:
Dr. Nirupa Chaudhari, Program Chair
AChemS 2019 Annual Meeting