- Must be of American Indian, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian descent (student must show documentation).
- Must be a high school senior or or an existing student accepted into an accredited higher institution at time of application.
- Must submit a letter of acceptance from college/university or technical /vocational institution.
- Must be enrolled as a part-time or full-time student.
- Must have and maintain a GPA 2.5 or above (ALL current or future undergraduate and graduate college students are encouraged to apply).
- Scholarships are available for certificate and associate programs, undergraduate and graduate students - online colleges are acceptable.
- Scholarships must be used for books and/or tuition.
- Must fill out scholarship application completely to be considered.
- Awardee agrees to authorize AIANTA to use their photograph and any information provided in advertising, fundraising, or publicity in any media.
- Awardee agrees to return to AIANTA 12 volunteer hours to AIANTA, a tribe, national park, or public lands institution within the awarded year to be eligible for the following year. A letter of proof must be submitted by August 18, 2017 to the AIANTA office.
$1,000 per academic year (Fall/Spring semester only), $500 per semester
Deadline for applying:
July 28, 2017 for the
Fall 2017 semester
December 1, 2017 for the S
pring 2018 semester
Checks will be made payable to the university/college and/or student depending on the institutions processing procedures, and mailed to the financial aid/cashiers department of the institution the student attends.