The Association of Late-Deafened Adults needs your help in continuing to provide vital support to people with hearing loss. The assistance ALDA provides takes many forms-advocacy, education, and social and emotional support.
ALDA has taken the lead in advocating on behalf of people who are deaf, deafened and hard of hearing by filing its lawsuit with Cinemark. The settlement we made requires that by next year Cinemark will display captioning of all movies in its first-run theaters in the State of California. For the first time ever, people who are deaf or have hearing loss will be able to go to the movie theater and choose which movie they would like to see.
People-whether they are deaf, deafened, or hard of hearing-need a voice. ALDA fills a special niche for everyone, and especially for people who are late-deafened. Please help us inform them that they are not alone. Help us inform them that we are here to help, to advocate and provide support by sharing our experiences and knowledge. There is still much to do. Your donations will enable us to continue our outreach efforts.
Here are just a few highlights of participating in the growth of ALDA:
* Sharing information through our eNews
* Helping those in need through our ALDAcon scholarships
* Providing our official newsletter, ALDA News, in both paper and electronic format to meet the varied needs of our members
* Maintaining and updating our website so that others may find us
Here are additional incentives to donate through the FUNDRACE:
* The highest donor will receive a free registration to ALDAcon.
* A donation of $2,000 will get the donor a free ALDAcon registration and a seat at the speakers' table at meals (as applicable).
* A donation of $5000 will get the donor a free registration and hotel stay during ALDAcon.
To qualify for these incentives, donations must be received by September 30, 2011. If you have already registered for ALDAcon and are entitled to one of these prizes, ALDA will reimburse you.
Join me; donate today!
Mail donations to:
ALDA, Inc. 8038 Macintosh Lane, Suite 2, Rockford, IL 61107-5336.
Please write on your check "ALDA FUNDRACE." If you would like to be considered for a prize by collecting multiple donations, please fill out the form below and submit together with your checks.
President, ALDA, Inc.
ALDA Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization.
Name Donation Amount Address
eNews Manager, ALDA Inc