Happy New Year and welcome to 2017! Last year was a very busy one in the mountain parks and it’s almost a guarantee that 2017 will break visitation records. AMPPE is looking forward to our ongoing work as a member-based organization that represents tour operators, restaurants, accommodation providers, recreationists, retailers, business firms, visitors and residents. We continue to be active in Jasper, Kananaskis, Banff, Lake Louise, Yoho and Kootenay. AMPPE remains the only advocacy organization to advocate on behalf of such a complete cross-section of the mountain park communities.
AMPPE had a successful year representing our member interests and advocating for the balance of ecological integrity, visitor experience and sustainable tourism. Specific areas of progress included:
- Engagement with Civic, Provincial and Federal Political leaders
- Annual fundraising gala featured Rex Murphy
- 95% membership renewal with 5 new members
- Encouragement for improved multi-use mountain trail networks
- Voice of fact and provision of balanced perspective in media
- Support to Kickinghorse rafting community
- Backing of Lake Louise Ski Area in site guidelines approval
- Protection of Canadian Environmental Assessment Act
Read more about our successess and areas of focus for 2017 on our website.
Membership renewal notices are in the mail so you will be receiving them next week. AMPPE is eager to hear how we can support you as a 2017 AMPPE Member and look forward to working with you to increase your success and enjoyment in our unique and beautiful mountain parks.
All the best in this new year!