ANDRUS Enters the Blog-o-sphere!
Follow our new blog, S.E.L.F., where ANDRUS staff will focus on issues of importance to children and families. S.E.L.F. refers to Safety, Emotion Management, Loss and Future, key concepts for the Sanctuary Model which is the foundation of our treatment and management philosophy.
We will feature a variety of staff and guests who will share their perspective on these themes. We will also regularly comment on news in the human services field, offer tips from our professionals and much more!
We hope you will visit with us regularly and keep your SELF up to speed.
To read our latest blog post, click here.
New Early Learning Center Construction on Schedule
Andrus' new Early Learning Center at Tuckahoe's Village Hall will double the number of children enrolled and expand our program to include infant care. The new site will also enable us to do so much more for the community!
Some of our Special Features include:
- Before the Stork offers expecting parents the opportunity to prepare for their new baby. Classes are guided by certified parent educators and licensed social workers. Topics include breast vs. bottle feeding, child development, adjusting to being a first time parent, sibling preparation and more, and are offered on a rolling basis.
- Mommy / Daddy & Me offers the opportunity to enhance early learning, build socialization and language skills and participate in a variety of musical activities.
- Tots Gym is a flexible program for caregiver and tot. Children will be welcomed into our gym and guided through special obstacles that will help build their confidence and muscles! Children will run, jump, bounce and balance in our special indoor gym facility.
- Toy Library is a Westchester County first! Each child who registers will receive a Toy Library card and will be allowed to check out a toy from the library.
- Mom's Night Out. Moms enjoy yoga, karate class, self defense, cooking and other special classes with other moms, while your children are just a few steps away in our Arts Room, completely supervised by early childhood professionals.
- Date Night encourages parents to take some time for each other, away from the children. Drop your children off in a safe environment, where they will enjoy a fun evening with friends.
- Birthday Parties. Celebrate one of your child's milestones at ANDRUS.Our Andrus Early Learning Center is available for private parties. Come celebrate your child's birthday with one of our fantastical themes. Our atmosphere is fun and relaxed. We provide complete set up and clean up!
- ..... and more!!!
To enroll your child or schedule a tour, contact Vidia Cordero at 914-337-4492.
For more information on the programs offered, click here.
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
This year, ANDRUS was lucky to receive lots of holiday cheer from local friends! Generous donors opened their hearts and devoted time and energy to make sure our children had toys, games, art supplies and more to brighten their holiday season. School groups, churches and local businesses took on wish lists of our children to provide that special gift they most desired. Other groups and neighbors held toy drives to supply our mental health clinics and community programs with gifts to distribute. There were also special holiday parties thrown for our residential children to just have fun and interact with those their own age!
Edgemont Schools Children's Collective
Mount Kisco Medical Group Holiday Caper
Bronxville High School GAP
Eastchester Rotary Andy Malcolm
Church of the Virgin Mary EB Brands
Hendrick Hudson Leos Club Yorktown Leos Club
The Bayou 12 Grapes
Johnny Feds & Da Bluez Boys Today Show Toy Drive
Rivertown Heroes Dorf Law Firm
Edgewood School Hartsdale Firehouses
Walter Panas High School Rollins Agency
Yonkers Motorcyle Club PS 22
Most Holy Trinity Church Pajama Program
Greenburgh Hebrew Center Nursery