Important News From ASIPP - National IPM-Qualified Clinical Data Registry
ASIPP recently brought you exciting news for interventional pain management in announcing the National IPM-Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) in collaboration with ArborMetrix. Nearly 200 ASIPP members have already expressed interest in joining the QCDR, and registration is underway. If you have already signed up, please pass along this information to anyone else who could benefit from this opportunity.
Participating in the QCDR is a valuable opportunity not only to meet reporting requirements, but also to provide outcome data and compare yourself with others in ASIPP and nationwide. We encourage you to sign up for the QCDR before the end of the year, while ASIPP completes the approval process with CMS.
To sign up for the National IPM QCDR, you can respond to this email or send an email to ASIPPQCDR@arbormetrix.com. We will then send you registration forms to complete. There is no commitment or cost to you until we are approved for the QCDR for 2017 reporting.
As you are well aware, CMS has issued the final rule on its value-based care entitled, "Merit-Based Incentive Payment System Combining Quality Measures, Meaningful Use or Advancing Care Information, Clinical Improvement Activities and Costs." Because of our efforts, CMS has made substantial changes to enable us to avoid penalties. The QCDR reporting mechanism and specifically the NIPM-QCDR will complete the collection and submission of MIPS requirements.
This unique registry developed only for interventional pain physicians by ASIPP will:
- Offer as many as 30 new non-MIPS QCDR measures specially designed by ASIPP for interventional pain management in addition
- Manage submission of both MIPS and non-MIPS QCDR measures
- Support both individual physicians and physician group practices in meeting MIPS requirements.
- Provide documentation and assistance with compiling the needed data for quality improvement
- Provide easily accessible reports and performance updates to registry participants on an ongoing basis as new data is available from your practice
- Allow physicians to review and select measures to report prior to submission
Now the pathway is clear. We can not only avoid the penalties, but also be exceptional performers and earn high level bonuses. We will also have the data to present in the future.
If you have any further questions, we can arrange for you to talk to one of the representatives from ArborMetrix with whose collaboration we are preparing the registry, or you can also attend one of the webinars we will be starting soon.