Optimizing The News
For Tuesday, July 10, 2012
|Today From AdExchanger...|
- Tuesday, July 10, News Round-Up (see below)
- AppNexus Grows Global Services Unit "It's different from Accenture and Deloitte in that we don't do custom development or ad hoc projects. It's similar in that we are trusted advisors working closely with our customers to help them innovate. We have a single-minded goal: help our clients succeed in transitioning to and maximizing the value of the AppNexus platform..." (visit AdExchanger)
- Data-Driven Thinking column... There Are No Awards For Data People In A Creative Agency - by Marc Schwartz, McCann Worldgroup "I recently left Cannes, where the majority of the Lions were awarded to creative agencies. Creative agencies and clients prioritize trophies and often winning can define a career path, a campaign idea, or a brand. It is not common, outside of a direct marketing or digital agency, for an Effie or Cannes Effectiveness Award to deliver the same impact on a career or brand..." (visit AdExchanger)
- Time For 'New' On AdExchanger "Make no mistake, AdExchanger will continue to celebrate the connection that you make with the site and your fellow readers - a human collaboration with purpose and creative energy that you have always generated." (visit AdExchanger)
- Jirafe CEO Shah Sees Retargeting As Growth Opp For Marketing Analytics "The ad tech 'animal' comes in different shapes and sizes. For co-founders Amit Shah and Scott Switzer, the 'animal' is analytical as their growing analytics startup, Jirafe, aims to provide merchant publishers a better view on their digital business - including ads, sales, conversions and more. So far the company has impressed 5,000 ecommerce clients and venture capital firms Foundry Group and FirstMark Capital, who recently invested $7 million..." (visit AdExchanger)
- Gumgum's Tanz: In-Image Ads Are More About Branding, Less About 'Conversions' "We see ourselves as an image-advertising platform. But you're description isn't wrong either. Gumgum is about four-years-old now. We do work with thousands of publishers, and we specialize in helping traditional publishers figure out, programmatically, how to derive revenue from the billions of images they publish a month. On the demand side, we gather the data and sell highly targeted placements to brand advertisers...." (visit AdExchanger)
- Jobs (see below)
- Training & Webinars (see below)
- Events (visit AdExchanger)
- AdExchanger Conference Is September 20 (visit AdExchanger)
Here's today's AdExchanger news round-up... Want it by email? Sign-up here.
Mapping the Yahoo Genome
Goodbye Interclick, hello Genome. Yahoo has gone live with its integrated audience buying offering spawned from the purchase of Interclick late last year. The audience marketplace will bring to bear a range of first and third party data including Yahoo search and user data. As for inventory, that comes from Yahoo, the AOL/Microsoft deal, and Interclick's one thousand publisher sites. Peter Foster, Yahoo's GM of audience/performance advertising, calls Genome "a holistic combination of data inputs, premium supply and actionable analytics that can help marketers achieve their objectives from the top to the bottom of the funnel." Read the blog post.
History Channel Demand Curve?
In the not-too-distant future, everything subscribable from newspapers to newspapers and magazines and cable will be available in a neat package for consumers. As anyone who's been watching magazine publishers grumble about acquiescing to Apple's "newsstand" policies, or seeing the slow adoption of TV Everywhere for cable operators, the big question is: will subscription-model media be able to generate sustainable revenue? Or will everything ultimately have to rely more heavily on an online ad model? Chris Dixon, angel investor and co-founder of eBay's Hunch, believes that "bundled pricing" can have benefits for buyers and sellers, particularly for popular cable TV channels. Read more.
Don't most analysts project continued double-digit growth for display advertising? Sure, much of that is going to Google and Facebook as they fight for display dominance. But surely there must be a lot to go around for the rest. Perhaps not, according to a Reuters report by Alistair Barr and Poornima Gupta, who look at the meaning of Microsoft's $6 billion writedown related to its purchase of digital ad shop aQuantive in 2007. "Ad industry executives say [Microsoft] might now join Yahoo in re-thinking its approach to Internet advertising, though there's no simple solution to the fundamental challenges they face," the Reuters duo writes. Read more.
Ad Tech Usability
In a world full of pretty apps, the ad tech arsenal has to embrace a design sensibility. Writing for Mediapost, Matt Stratz holds forth on how to "keep it simple," "understand color," and "add a showstopper," among other necessaries. "As consumer expectations for design migrate to business, it's more important than ever to build ad-tech systems that people actually want to use." Read the post.
Yield For Germany
Dirk Freytag has been hired by sell-side platform Rubicon Project to help with inventory efforts in Germany. A release states, "The former CEO of ADTECH and SVP at AOL (will be) working on a consultancy basis [to] increase the adoption and usage of the REVV real-time trading platform in Europe, manage the German operations and grow the local team." Read more.
European RTB Report
London-based trading desk Infectious Media has released its Spring 2012 report on the European real-time bidding (RTB) market. According to the Infectious' data, "CPMs (cost-per-thousand) for advertising impressions in the UK are not the highest in Europe, with Italy and Germany now taking the lead. This shift has been led by relative price stability in the UK contrasting against rapid increases in Western European markets this quarter. These increases have also led to a strengthening of the East-West divide, clearly splitting the continent into two regions of relatively high and relatively low CPM. Scandinavia particularly saw CPM rise." Get the report (PDF). And, read the release. Infectious sees maturation in some countries when it comes to RTB, in others, high CPMs and presumably less exact pricing may indicate it's still early days.
PubMatic has launched a new website which includes an eCPM ticker of display media by vertical which is presumably being sold through its sell-side platform. See it now!
But Wait. There's More!By Team AdExchanger
Note To Employers: If you add a listing on the job board, it will be also included here in the Daily Newsletter email.
7/9/12 - Director of Marketing - SF - Sojern
7/8/12 - Client Services - Account Manager - Chicago, IL - BrightTag
7/6/12 - Director of Ad Sales - SF - (Stealth Mode)
7/3/12 - Scalable Publisher Sales Strategist (German) - Dublin - Google
7/3/12 - Account Executive - SF - PulsePoint
7/3/12 - Account Executive - Los Angeles - PulsePoint
7/2/12 - Product and Solution Specialist - Chicago - Google
7/2/12 - Manager, Ad Operations Consultancy - Boston - VivaKi Nerve Center
7/2/12 - Sales Executive - NYC - Contextin
6/28/12 - Digital Media Sales Specialist - Dallas, TX - The Dallas Morning News
6/28/12 - Senior Program Manager; MS Advertising - Bellevue, MA - Microsoft
6/27/12 - Online Sales Account Strategist (German) - Dublin - Google
6/26/12 - Director of Mobile and Social Ad Product Solutions - NYC - Time Inc.
6/25/12 - Ad Operations Trafficker - NYC - Media6Degrees
6/25/12 - Dir. of Advanced Advertising Platform - Burlington, MA - The Allant Group
6/25/12 - Account Manager - NYC - Maxifier
6/25/12 - Director of Audience Ad Product Solutions - NYC - Time Inc.
6/22/12 - Network Development Account Manager - NYC - BrightRoll
6/22/12 - Account Executive - NYC - Media6Degrees
6/20/12 - Sales Planner - NYC - LocalResponse
6/20/12 - Online Sales Account Strategist (German) - Dublin - Google
6/20/12 - Account Manager - San Francisco - DataXu
6/20/12 - Principal Analyst, Digital Marketing - Denver - Datalogix
6/19/12 - Campaign Analyst: Measurement Solutions - Denver - Datalogix
6/19/12 - VP, Business Development - Negotiable - Datalogix
6/19/12 - Director of Marketing - Denver - Datalogix
6/18/12 - Account Manager, Activation AOD - NYC - VivaKi
6/18/12 - Analyst, Analytics AOD - NYC - VivaKi
6/18/12 - Brand Relations Manager - NYC - VivaKi Nerve Center
6/15/12 - Sr. Marketing Analyst - NYC - Shopkeep.com
6/14/12 - Sr. Advertising Solutions Manager, interclick - NYC - Yahoo!
6/13/12 - Account Manager, BrightRoll Exchange - NYC - BrightRoll
6/12/12 - Ad Sales Lead - NYC - FanBridge
6/12/12 - Digital Media Analyst - quadrantONE
6/7/12 - Team Lead, Activation AOD - NYC - VivaKi Nerve Center
6/7/12 - Analyst, Analytics - Detroit - VivaKi Nerve Center
6/6/12 - Operations Manager, Business Development - NYC - Doubleverify
6/6/12 - Product Manager - NYC - Doubleverify
6/6/12 - VP, Technology Operations - NYC - Doubleverify
6/5/12 - Account Director - NYC - Yahoo!
6/5/12 - Data Platform Administrator - NYC - IDG TechNetwork
6/4/12 - Partnerships and Solutions Manager - NYC - Merkle
6/4/12 - Senior Account Manager, Activation - Chicago - VivaKi Nerve Center
6/4/12 - VP/Director of Yield Management - NYC - VEVO
6/1/12 - Video Advertising Product Solutions Manager, Genome - NYC - Yahoo!
6/1/12 - Head of Trading, Merkle Trading Desk - NYC - Merkle
6/1/12 - Demand Services Manager (Partner Manager) - Waltham, MA - Nexage
5/31/12 - Demand Sales Manager/Director - San Francisco - Nexage
5/31/12 - Director of Digital Partnerships - NYC - V12 Group
5/31/12 - Account Director - NYC - AppNexus
5/25/12 - Business Developmen Mgr - Home-based - Acxiom
View All Jobs on AdExchanger's Job Board
|Training & Webinars |
Training and Webinars Managers: If you add a listing on the Training & Webinars board, it will be also included here in the Daily Newsletter email.
View All on AdExchanger.com's Training/Webinars Board
- Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference, Toronto, Jul 8-12
- AdMonsters' OPS TV, NYC, Jul 11
- ANA Digital & Social Media Conference, NYC, Jul 15
- Mobile: IAB Marketplace, NYC, Jul 16
- Brand Innovators San Francisco, San Francisco, Jul 18
- OMMA (Premium) Display, Los Angeles, Jul 24
- OMMA Data & Targeting, Los Angeles, Jul 25
- OMMA RTB, Los Angeles, Jul 26
- Etail Boston, Boston, MA, Aug 13-15
- Digiday Conference Asia, Aug 15-16
- Digiday Exchange, NYC, Aug 15
- AdMonsters' Publisher Forum, Boston, Aug 19-22
- Inbound 2012, Boston, MA, Aug 27-30
- AdMonsters SE Asia, Singapore, Aug 30
- iMedia Brand Summit, Hunter Valley, AU, Sep 3-5
- SMX, Melbourne, Sep 4-5
- AdMonsters, Sydney, Sep 6
- Disrupt SF 2012, San Francisco, Sep 8-12
- iMedia Brand Summit, Coronado, CA, Sep 9-12
- Shop.org Annual Summit, Denver, Sep 10-12
- SES Conference and Expo, Hong Kong, Sep 10-12
- DMEXCO, Cologne, DE, Sep 12-13
- Predictive Analytics World for Government, Washington, D.C., Sep 17-18
- ATS London, London, UK, Sep 18
- Dreamforce X, San Francisco, Sep 18-21
- The Digiday Brand Conference, NYC, Sep 19
- Digiday SAMMY Awards, NYC, Sep 19
- ad:tech, London, Sep 19-20
- AdExchanger Conference, NYC, Sep 20
- Digiday Mobile Conference, NYC, Sep 20
- Ad Age Digital West, San Francisco, Sep 20
- GigaOM Mobilize, San Francisco, Sep 20-21
- Business Insider Social Media ROI, NYC, Sep 27
- JFAM: Forum @ Deutsche Bank, New York, Sep 28
- eMetrics, Boston, Sept 30 - Oct 4
- Predictive Analytics World, Boston, Sept 30 - Oct 4
- Oracle OpenWorld 2012, San Francisco, Sept 30 - Oct 4
- View All Events on AdExchanger >>>