Day 4: back to Donnybrook for one night before...
Day 5: flight to Maun, Botswana, followed by a 40 minute scenic flight in a small aeroplane across the Okavango Delta to RAWBotswana's Motswiri camp. Motswiri holds only 10 guests, so we will have it to ourselves.
Day 5 - 10. Five nights at Motswiri, where we can venture into the surrounding area on horseback, in mekoros (dugoug canoes - in the photo at top), on foot or in vehicles - when not enjoying luxurious accommodation and delicious food. We also will make an overnight trip to a rustic fly-camp, and have the chance to see more of the reserve.
Do look at the *RawBotswana website, to see why you should come and to answer some of the questions I bet you have. I've been enjoying checking out the RAWBotswana Facebook page and wishing I were there!
Day 10: flight to Kasane flight to Kasane to book into the Chobe Marina Resort before an evening cruise on the Chobe River. Here's what they say: "there's not much in Southern Africa that can beat the Chobe River in the dry season - exceptional game viewing and birdi
Day 11: We will join a morning game drive into Chobe Reserve before heading - by road - to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe for two
nights B&B at the Victoria Falls Hotel, which "exudes original colonial Edwardian charm" (bring your pith helmet/sola topee!) and is within walking distance of the falls and the town.
Day 11/12: Adrenaline adventure or gentle sightseeing in Victoria Falls. To each his own - helicopter trip over the falls, zip-lining or bungee jumping in the gorge, white-water rafting on the Zambezi, a walk through the rain forest, strolling into Zambia, or having traditional high tea on the hotel's Stanley Verandah.
Included in the trip is an evening cruise on our last night in the iconic Ra-Ikane boat. Gentle and genteel.
Day 13: flight back to Johannesburg and final catered dinner and night at Donnybrook.
Day 14: The end - or not. Arrangements can be made for you to stay longer, if you wish.
Sound like fun? It will be. First come, first served. I don't have final rates yet, but the estimate is US$7600.00. Please let me know if you are interested - the group is already growing. We may need to offer a second trip June 9-22, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
For information and details contact me at email@example.com. Do check out the websites.