American Agricultural Law Association to Host Free Webinar on Science & Legal Landscape of Dicamba
In this webinar, speakers will provide vital information useful for agricultural attorneys who are assisting clients with potential Dicamba issues for the next planting season, including:
- *An overview of Dicamba issues from a plant scientist's perspective, Dr. Kevin Bradley, University of Missouri
- *A summary of state and federal regulatory action taken to address Dicamba issues and an overview of the litigation landscape, Paul Goeringer and Kelly Nuckolls Winslow, University of Maryland Extension
- *A plaintiff attorney perspective on civil claims/lawsuits, Bill Randles, Randles & Splittgerber law firm, addressing the Bader Farms case and class action plaintiffs; and
- *A defense attorney perspective on civil claims and lawsuits, Liz Blackwell, Thompson Coburn, representing defendant Monsanto.
Friday, Feb 23, 2018
1 - 2:45 pm CDT, 2 - 3:45 EDT
USDA Agricultural Marketing Service Publishes 2016 Pesticide Data Program Annual Summary
The Summary shows more than 99.5 percent of the samples tested had pesticide residues well below benchmark levels established by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and 22 percent had no detectable residue.
Leaders of Congressional Tax-Writing Committees Commit to Fixing
Section 199A of New Tax Law
Leaders of the Senate Finance and House Ways and Means Committees have committed to addressing as soon as possible the unintended consequences of Section 199A of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act during hearings on Capitol Hill this week.
During a Senate Finance Committee hearing on Feb. 14, Chairman Orrin Hatch, R-Utah,
that the provision's current language "does not maintain the previous competitive balance between cooperatives, other agricultural businesses, and the farmers who sell their crops to them, which existed prior to enactment of the tax reform bill."
Hatch said he is committed to working with fellow leaders on the committee, Sens. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa; Pat Roberts, R-Kan., and John Thune, R-S.D., and House Ways and Means Chairman Kevin Brady, R-Texas, "to develop a solution to this issue that does not choose winners and losers and is fair to everyone involved.
In the House Ways and Means Committee
on Feb. 15, Chairman Brady echoed those sentiments.
Ben Wicker (IANA) presents to ACI members and stakeholders about Indiana nutrient management efforts. ACI members discussed 4R certification programs as part of the meeting.
Indiana Grain Merchandiser Risk Academy - 2/27-28!
ACI member INTL FC Stone Financial is hosting a
day-and-a-half pure education seminar in Zionsville, Indiana, February 27-28. This program will:
- help you manage commodity price risk
- protect and enhance profit margin
- increase flow/grain origination
This program is appropriate for all levels of grain merchandisers and feed manufacturers, but is also designed for financial institutions who do business with merchandisers and traders. Individuals with more experience may appreciate this refresher session, as it will provide practical experiences from seasoned veterans. Click HERE
for registration information and more details including Early Bird rates.
Weekly Washington Report - 2-19-18
to access the full Washington Report featuring these important stories:
- Trump Drops FY2019 Budget, Ag Cuts Draw Fire
- President Rolls Out Long-Awaited $1.5-Trillion Infrastructure Initiative
- Hatch Joins Sec. 199A Fix Effort
- Senate Immigration Effort Fails; House Effort Gets Mounting Opposition
- Bill, Endorsed by 20-Plus Senators, Exempts Farmers, Ranchers from CERCLA Manure Regulation
- RFS Reforms to be Blocked if Tied to Refinery Bankruptcies
- CFTC to Conduct Another RIN Study, This Time for USDA
- FTC Chair Nominee Says He'll Be Diligent on Ag Mergers, Executive Practices
- Trade Notes
- Trump Warms to "Reciprocal Tax" on Imports
- If TPP Not "Dead," White House Should Follow Up
- Mnuchin "Cautiously Hopeful" on USTR NAFTA Direction
- Amazon to Pay $1.2-Million Fine on Pesticide Sales
- ASA Names Findlay New CEO
ACI Board of Directors
Crop Fertility Specialist
ACI BOARD MEMBERS
Purple Ribbon Seeds
Lowe's Pellets & Grain
J. P. Morgan Securities, LLC
Dr. Jayson Lusk
Dept of Ag Economics
Dr. Ron Turco
Dept of Agronomy