Tell Your Senators to Support Regulatory Reform
Request from the American Retailers Association
All stakeholders have a right to a fair, open and transparent rule-making that respects the proper role of the states and the intent of Congress. Over the past seven years there have been excessive and unlawful regulations issued by federal agencies such as the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Labor's (DOL) Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) that would impose unprecedented costs on American industries. Earlier this year, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a regulatory reform bill. It is now time for the U.S. Senate to take action.
S. 951, the Regulatory Accountability Act of 2017 (RAA)
, introduced by Senators Rob Portman (R-OH) and Heidi Heitkamp (D-ND), is bipartisan legislation that would modernize the rule-making process so that agencies would have to implement laws as Congress intended and requires the agencies to get the rules right.
for more information.
Tell your U.S. Senators that regulatory reform is needed NOW! The primary statutory authority governing the rulemaking process, the Administrative Procedure Act (APA), is over 70 years old and was enacted before many Federal regulatory agencies even existed. The nation needs a regulatory process that fosters transparency, enhances public participation, imposes accountability in agency decision making, and ensures that agencies follow Congressional intent. Please act today and tell your Senators to support S. 951! Click
to send your message.
ACI OFFERS SCHOLARSHIPS -
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 6/1
The Indiana Agribusiness Foundation is very proud to offer again this year three (3) scholarships to both high school graduates and current college students who are pursuing a future in the Agricultural Industry. Through the Foundation, the Agribusiness Council of Indiana (ACI) encourages young people to continue their education and eventual participation in agriculture.
While many high school seniors are in their final push of high school, the deadline for submitting your ACI scholarship application is fast approaching. ACI is very proud of the students we have been able to support through our scholarship program; and more importantly we are excited about the relationships that have been formed between our recipients and the ACI membership.
Download the ACI Scholarship form
Encourage your children and the students of your co-workers to apply today! Application deadline has been extended to June 1, 2017.
If you have questions, feel free to contact us at (317) 454-8055.
ACI EMERGING PROFESSIONALS VISIT NORTHERN INDIANA MAY 10TH
Wednesday, May 10th, the 28 Emerging Professionals visited CTB in Milford and continued on to Maple Leaf Farms to learn more about the Agriculture Supply Chain - how it affects them personally and their organizations. Further discussion included a panel consisting of local governmental authorities and their focus on bringing new agribusinesses to the state of Indiana. The class then ended the day with a trip to new Tippy Creek Winery! The group is already looking forward to their next session at Dow AgroSciences in July.
Greg Myers, The Andersons and Bill Vondeau, Bunge, recently hosted Indiana Lieutenant Governor Suzanne Crouch for an onsite visit.
ACI PRESIDENT, AMY CORNELL, RECEIVES AWARD
ACI Board of Directors extend congratulations to Amy Cornell for her recent distinction as the Up and Coming Lawyer by the Indiana Lawyer. ACI Treasurer, Mike Hucker of CGB attended the celebration. Congratulations Amy!
Weekly Washington Report - 5-15-17
Click HERE to access the full Washington Report featuring these important stories:
- New Trade Undersecretary Job Key to USDA 'Significant Reorganization': Perdue
- USDA Subcabinet Announcements Expected Soon: News Service
- USTR's Lighthizer, FDA's Gottlieb Approved by Senate
- Branstad Gets Senate Committee Approval as Next Ambassador to China
- White House Reports Deal Cut with China on Beef, Cooked Poultry Trade, Biotech Products
- Roberts Pledges PRIA Move within Weeks
- NRDC Sues EPA for Pruitt Records, Conflicts
- States Asked for WOTUS Input
- Pruitt Delays Worker Protection Regs
- EPA Slogging through Chlorpyrifos Comments
- Half of Science Review Panel Let Go by EPA
- OPP Looking to Streamline Rules Process, Collaboration
- Fischer Wants to See E15 Sold All Year, Bill Gets Markup in Methane Rule Deal
- Did Icahn Break RIN Rules?, Senate Democrats Demand Investigation
- ITC's First Vote Favors Biodiesel Dumping Complaint Against Argentina, Indonesia
- Ag Needs Visa Revamp, Enforcement as Part of Feinstein "Blue Card" Plan for Ag Workers
- Bayer to Sell Liberty Herbicide, LibertyLink Seed
- Global Poultry Group Says Human Antibiotics Should Be Restricted to Animal Disease Treatment
- Winter Wheat Crop Could Be Off 25%: USDA
|ACI Board of Directors
IGFA Past Chair
Lowe's Pellets & Grain
IGFA BOARD MEMBERS
Lowe's Pellets & Grain
J. P. Morgan Securities, LLC
IPFACA BOARD MEMBERS
Crop Fertility Specialist
Roy Umbarger & Son
Dr. Joe Anderson