|July 2012 (photo: Montréal Region, 4 million inhabitants)|
August In Oregon
This time we're flying out as a family. It will be the first time in 3 years that Martine, Caleb, and Constance have been to the Northwest.
As is true with every trip, there is no way we can see everyone we love... but we look forward to spending time with as many as we can!
We're looking for a vehicle to borrow during our time out. We only have two stipulations: 1) reliable and 2) decent gas mileage. Would you happen to know anyone with an extra vehicle that they could part with for all or part of July 26 to Aug 27?
- July 26: Fly from Montreal to Portland
- July 29: Agape Family Fellowship in Albany, OR
- August 5: Eastmont Church in Bend, OR
- August 12: Salem First Baptist Church in Salem, OR
- August 19: New Hope Church in Hermiston, OR
- August 26: Berean Baptist Church in Eugene, OR
- August 27: Fly from Portland to Montreal
Hopefully we'll see you while we're out!
|Update on the Building Saga:
|If you were to draw a target over a map of St-Jérôme, this old theater would be in the bulls-eye. 7,000 square feet per story (2), with a far from finished basement. Much renovation would be needed.|
Here's a general timeline of events up to this point:
- Spring 2011: We walked in and asked if they would like to sell (It wasn't for sale at that point). After several weeks of discussion, they wanted $900,000+. We let it be.
- Autumn 2011: The building went on the market officially for $765,000. We met with their agent, but when also considering the needed renovation, the price was still too high.
- Summer 2012: They changed agents. The price also decreased to $695,000, where it stands today.
- Autumn 2012: ???
All agree that $800,000 would be a good total price (including the cost of renovations). We are praying that they lower their price a little more, giving us the financial leeway for renovations.
The challenge? We'd still have to find $800,000.
After many strategic phone calls, I have a notebook full of ideas. However, if God wants us to have that building, He'll provide the means as well.
Thank you for praying with us!
|Lot's O' Links:
|Pray and Praise
- Pray for these 5 weekends out in Oregon, not only that we would be an encouragement to each church an friend we meet with, but that the Spirit would work mightily through each meeting.
- Pray for a meeting place (rented, bought, or built) to accommodate the potential of growth: as of right now, we are planning on moving to two services this fall. One possibility is the above building.
- Praise for the financial support to be able to continue working here in St-Jérôme sans interruption, We have moved from 89 to 96% over the past few months.
Working together, with you, for God's glory in French-speaking Québec.
-Rob, Martine, Caleb & Constance
Rob & Martine Karch...
...planting French-speaking churches in Québec
|Support Update |
We thank God and His people for the privilege of working full-time as ministers of the Gospel in Québec.
Though we are technically under-funded, God surprises us each month with how He provides.
Currently we are $252/month underfunded