First Church News & Updates - April 14, 2017
Today is Good Friday. We hope you will join us at 7 pm this evening for a service of Remembrance and Contemplation.
We will gather outdoors
at the Twin Oaks Deck under the canopy of the oak tree for readings, prayers and music recounting the last hours of Jesus' life. Brian Batch and the Worship Band will be providing special music. Then all will be invited to continue in a spirit of remembrance and contemplation at five stations around the church campus.
- Journeying to Jerusalem via the labyrinth prayer walk
- Encountering the means of mockery and death
- Contemplating Jesus' Seven Last Words
- Contemplating the stones that shout out
- Contemplating the darkness of Jesus in the tomb.
Childcare will be available in Building 2, Pod C.
This week's E-News is focused on Holy Week and Easter. Next week we will return with all the news about upcoming programs and events.
This week in worship - Easter Sunday
Easter at First Church - Sunday, April 16
- 8:00 am: Traditional worship in the Sanctuary, Dr. Will Cotton preaching.
- 9:30 am: Traditional worship in the Sanctuary, Dr. Will Cotton preaching.
- 9:30 am: Contemporary worship in the Family Life Center, Rev. Katie Meek preaching.
- 11:00 am: Traditional worship in the Sanctuary, Dr. Will Cotton preaching.
Sermon Title: "Visiting the Cemetery"
In order to offer families the opportunity to worship together, there will be no Bible Buddies or Children's Sunday School on Easter Sunday. Childcare for 2 years and younger will be in Building 2, Pod C at the 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 am services. There will also be no Sunday School for youth and adults. The Twin Oaks Cafe will not be open on Easter Sunday.
Yes...We will have a Flowering Cross!
Everyone is invited to bring fresh, cut flowers on Easter morning to create our Flowering Cross. The cross will be prominently placed outside the church so that flowers can be placed on the mesh frame, as a sign and witness to the joy and beauty of our Easter proclamation,
"Christ Is Risen!"
Carpooling for Easter...a good thing to do!
We are pleased to have the additional parking in the new south parking lot this year, but parking will still be at a premium at 9:30 am when there are concurrent worship services in both the Sanctuary and Family Life Center. We ask that families travel together in one car rather than bringing multiple cars on Easter Sunday. Or if you have nearby neighbors who are coming to worship, you might ask them to ride with you.
Christ the Lord is risen! Christ is risen indeed!
What a joy it is for Tina and me to share our first Easter with you! This Sunday, all around the world,
the Church will celebrate the Christ who is powerfully alive in our midst. Please join us, along with your family, relatives and friends. We hope that our worship services will be inspiring and give you joy for the days and weeks to come. We celebrate Easter, not just for what it meant for Jesus, but also for what it means for us. Don Francisco in his iconic song sings, "He's alive! He's alive! He's alive and I'm forgiven, heaven's gates are open wide!" Because of what Jesus did on Easter, life has opened up for all of us.
For the next two Sundays, we will continue our Easter Celebration, for it's not just a holiday, it is a way of life! Let our songs ring out, let the good news be proclaimed, and let our hearts continue to be filled with new and eternal life. Christ the Lord is risen! Christ is risen indeed!
Sincerely in Christ,
Dr. Will Cotton
This week at First Church
Saturday, April 15
Sunday, April 16 - Easter Sunday
- 9:00 am - Easter Choral Union & Orchestra rehearsal, Sanctuary
- 8:00, 9:30 and 11 am - Traditional Worship services, Sanctuary
- 9:30 am - Contemporary Worship service, Family Life Center/Bldg. 3
Monday, April 17 - Church office will be closed
- 8:45 am - Ring of Joy Handbell rehearsal, North Suite
- 3:45 pm - Kids of the Kingdom Chimes, East Cry Room Bldg. 3/FLC
- 4:45 pm - Kids of the Kingdom Bells, East Cry Room Bldg. 3/FLC
- 6:00 pm - Venture Crew, Bldg. 4/Payne Cottage
- 6:30 pm - Communication Team, Bldg. 5-124
- 7:00 pm - Boy Scout Troop #157, Bldg. 3/FLC
Tuesday, April 18
- 9:30 am - First Church Crafters, 115 Winsted
- 9:30 am - Tuesday Women's Bible Study, Bldg. 5-124
- 12:30 pm - Brown Bag Theologians, Bldg. 5-136
- 6:30 pm - Outreach Team, Bldg. 5-122
- 6:30 pm - Community Bible Study, Bldg. 5-220, 223, 224, 225
- 6:30 pm - Stephen Ministry supervision, Bldg. 5-127
- 7:00 pm - Finance Committee, Bldg. 5-124
- 7:00 pm - Nar-Anon, Bldg. 4-6
Wednesday, April 19
- 6:15 am - UMM Breakfast, fellowship, devotional - FLC/Bldg. 3
- 9:30 am - Wednesday Women's Bible Study, Bldg. 5-232/234
- 5:00 pm - Revelation Ringers, North Suite and East Cry Rm/FLC
- 5:45 pm - Heartsong Choir rehearsal, South Suite
- 6:00 pm - Life Groups Leadership, Bldg. 5-122
- 6:30 pm - Wednesday Women's Bible Study, Bldg. 5-232/234
- 7:00 pm - Jubilation Bell rehearsal, North Suite
- 7:15 pm - Chancel Choir rehearsal, South Suite
Thursday, April 20
- 9:30 am - Heart to Heart Quilters, 115 Winsted
- 7:00 pm - Council Oak Bells rehearsal, North Suite
- 7:00 pm - Orchestra rehearsal, South Suite
Friday, April 21
- 8:30 am - Round Rock Helpers, Bldg. 4-2
- 9:00 am - VBS Workday, Bldg. 5
- 9:30 am - MOM Weekly Gathering, Bldg. 5-232/234
- 8:00 pm - Narcotics Anonymous-Right Stuff, Bldg. 4
Saturday, April 22
- 7:00 pm - Bridge Club, Bldg. 5-127
| Blessings to you and yours during this Holy Week,
First United Methodist Church Round Rock
First Church exists to share the love
of God in Jesus Christ.
Just a reminder...
You're receiving this email because you have expressed an interest in First United Methodist Church. Don't forget to add email@example.com to your address book so we'll be sure to land in your inbox!
First United Methodist Church | Round Rock
firstname.lastname@example.org | http://