City Charter Amendments
Coral Gables voters will decide the fate of five City Charter amendments, which will be included in the November 8, 2016 General Election ballot. The proposed changes to the City Charter are:
* Amend the City Charter to remove the Trial Board appeal process for employees;
* Approve a new provision for suspension of a member of the City Commission for reasons of incapacity;
* Amend the City Charter to require that the Mayor appoints the Vice Mayor and any replacement thereof;
* Amend the City Charter to provide procedures for the removal of City Commissioners under State Law; and
* Amend the City Charter to provide for run-off elections in City Commission and Mayoral Races.
Learn more about the proposed City Charter Amendments.