Meal Plan Pickup
to order your meals.
5 - 7:30 pm
8/4, 8/11, 8/18, 8/25
(Long's Drug Store Parking Lot. We're the first booth.)
(KCC) Farmer's Market
7:30 - 11 am
8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27
We are next to Frankie's Nursery
8 am - 12 noon
8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27
Parking lot along Auahi Street
You Can Be Fit...
But Not Healthy
It Takes a Plant-Based Lifestyle to add Health to Fitness
MEAL PLAN MENU UPDATES:
New Meals for our Meal Plans.
A New Brochure - COMING SOON.
Meal Plan 2
Baby Romaine Caesar with a Mini-Bagel: Slices of Tomato, Cucumber, Red Onions & Capers. The Mini-Bagel replaces the Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
Meal Plan 2
Mango Avocado Tostada with Sunflower Seed Beans and MacNut Sour Kreme.
Replaces the Arugula Salad, Balsamic Garlic Dressing and Pumpkin Seed Bread.
Meal Plan 3
Not Turkey in Lettuce Cup with Onion Bread Mushroom Stuffing, Porcini Gravy. The Stuffing replaces the Porcini Mushroom Soup.
Spreading Our Roots
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A MEMBER OF THE FITNESS OR YOGA CENTERS TO PICK UP YOUR MEALS THERE.
We are blessed to have the support
of the fitness community.
Please help me find more outlets around the island.
Order by Tuesday night.
Individual order $88 for 1 week (6 meals)
Couples order $160 for 1 week (12 meals)
Individual convenience order $320~4 weeks (24 meals)
On Fridays, we currently deliver our Meal Plans to:
*Aina Haina: Sun Yoga Hawaii
*Kaimuki: Hot Yoga 8
On Tuesdays, we deliver to:
*Kapolei: 360 Strong
FITNESS IS NOT JUST ABOUT BUILDING MUSCLES AND AEROBIC TRAINING. FLEXIBILITY IS KEY FOR ULTIMATE HEALTH AND YOUTHFUL ENJOYMENT AS YOU AGE
For most of my life, I've enjoyed a life of sports-play: German Dodge, Tether Ball, Volley Ball, Aerobics, White Crane Kung Fu, Running, Spinning, Cycling, Yoga. During this time, I have amassed a routine of kinesthetic warm up exercises that according to my Kung Fu Sifu (Teacher), lubricates the joints, and is crucial for speed, agility and ultimate health.
While scrolling through Facebook notifications, I saw a knee replacement ad and responded "Don't do it! Pete's dad and uncle had 3 knee replacement procedures on each knee. It was uncomfortable, hard to get in and out of a car, and ultimately bend." I proceeded to recount some of the kinesthetic/stretching exercises I do for warm up, though starting from the last to the first. But the first one I actually start with was left out.
It's a must to start with this one because it activates the whole body, lubricating the joints before additional stationary and kinesthetic stretching of the various joints are implemented.
- With legs spread shoulder length apart, face forward, place your hands on your thighs (thumbs on the outer legs, fingers on the inner) and twist your right shoulder toward your left knee (but not touching the knee), quickly switching to the left shoulder to the right knee while the opposite leg is straightened and stretching. Do this 20 times.
- Now you're ready to do a stationary yoga stretch. Bring your feet together about a foot apart while dropping your butt to your heels or toward the ground as much as possible, draping your upper body over your thighs and head relaxing down over your knees and hands stretched out in front on the floor. Oh it feels so good especially on your neck. Hold that pose for a few minutes and continue leaving your legs about shoulder length apart.
- Slide your hands in front, lifting your butt into a Downward Dog position, again holding the yoga pose for close to 5 minutes.
- Now lift your heels up and down about 10 times, while remaining in the Downward Dog position. This lubricates the foot, ankle and toe joints. Hold your heels up on the 10th rep to stretch your arches.
- Bring your hands to the back of your ankles, and arms around legs and hug the upper body with the legs stretching your hamstrings and calves. Hold for a bit.
- Placing the right hand on the left hand holding the ankle, pull your upper body toward left knee and hold, and then pull your upper body toward the right knee with your left hand on the hand holding the right ankle. Hold, then go back toward face down between legs and hold.
- Placing both hands on your thighs, and gradually raise your upper body, head last in a standing position with head facing forward.
- Raise both shoulders in circular motions 10 times forward, 10 times backward.
- Rock your head slowly from middle to right side hold a bit, then on to the other side and hold. Do this twice then return head to middle and raise your head.
- Turn your head to look over the left shoulder and hold as far as you can, then to the right. Repeat, returning head to the middle.
- While bending knees slightly, scoop both hands first down and raise and clasp hands together in a closed prayer position except for the 2 index fingers pointed straight out and raised above your head.
- Adjust your feet for balance as you bring your body to one side with hands still clasped above your head. Twist your torso slightly so you can look at the ceiling and hold. Then bring your body and arms to the other side, hold and look at the ceiling.
- Bring both arms down and start swinging them in arm circles first toward the back, then forward 20x each.
- Swing your arms in front of your body criss-crossing each other to lubricate the shoulder joints 20x.
- Now swing your torso with your hands and arms relaxed and following your torso.
- 'Kay. That's it. Now you can play as hard as you want. Your body is lubed and ready to roll. And don't forget your water! Your body is made up of 90% water and plants have a lot of water too.
Please forward this newsletter to your friends and recommend them to get our newsletter and info on on our Weekly Meal Plans, by clicking on this and adding their email address. Check out our Restaurant Menus at our website -
Looking for a heart-healthy gift?
Licious Dishes Gift Certificates now available in any amount!
Call us to order via credit card and we can mail it to your recipient(s).
Greens & Vines, a subsidiary of Licious Dishes