Strawberry Balsamic Moonpies
- 1 refrigerated pie crust dough
- 20 large strawberries devided
- 1 1/2 tbsp VS Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp water
- 7 tsp VS Dark Chocolate Balsamic whipped cream topping
1. Cut out stems from 10 strawberries and dice strawberries. Add to a glass bowl.
VS Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
, brown sugar and 1/2 tsp is sugar. Mix together, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place pie dough on a floured surface and use a rolling pin to roll out.
Cut pie dough into seven circles about 1 inch larger than mason jar lid. Prepare mason jar lids by placing metal inner part facing up. Place pie dough into mason jars and create edges by pinching fingers around rim. Poke holes with a fork in the bottom of the pie crust. Note: make sure the edges of the pie dough touch the lid so it doesn't fall forward when baking. You can also use dry beans to keep the form.
Place lids on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let pie crusts cool.
3. Stem and cut remaining 10 strawberries. Place in a medium saucepan and mash. Turn heat to medium heat and add 2 Tbsp sugar. Whisk and continue stirring until the mixture boils.
4. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water. Add to strawberry mixture and whisk together, reduce heat and simmer until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
5. Top with drained balsamic strawberries. Note: you can add some of the juice but just be aware it will soak into some of the pie shell.
6. Add strawberry jam mixture to pies. Place in the refrigerator and let cool a couple of hours or overnight.
7. Top with
VS Dark Chocolate Balsamic
whipped cream and a strawberry!