PRO CYCLING CHALLENGE
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25, 2012
The Pro Cycling Challenge is back in Colorado for year two, bigger and better than before! This year, the most challenging race on American soil will feature 135 of the world's best cyclists. Boulder is excited to host Stage 6 of the race on Saturday, Aug. 25, 2012. The riders will come through town twice during the day. Visit www.usaproboulder.com
and navigate to the interactive course map for specific route details.
The Boulder stage will draw significant media attention, not to mention cycling fans eager to attend this stage of the race and its thrilling finish on Flagstaff Mountain. The route across town means periodic street closures as the riders move through the route. (see route closure video
). Street parking along the route will be prohibited and will result in violating vehicles (including PODS) being towed and impounded at the owner's expense. There will be no parking along the course from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, August 25. "No Parking" signs will be posted along the route 72 hours prior to the event.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DETAILED INFORMATION ON STREET CLOSURES, TRANSPORTATION AND PARKING OPTIONS.
Spectator event day tips include:
- Map your route in advance and know when and where roads are closed
- Arrive early and plan to spend the day in Boulder
- Identify your preferred viewing location, and be flexible
- Dress for changing weather
- Bring water and wear comfortable shoes
- Enjoy local businesses and the festival before and during the race
- Bring cash for parking, bike corrals, and the festival - No credit cards will be accepted for parking or bike corrals
- Plan to shop or eat at a local restaurant to avoid traffic delays after the event
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE CITY OF BOULDER'S PRESS RELEASE ON SPECIFIC PARKING INFORMATION.REMINDER:
The Boulder County Farmers' Market
and the Main Branch of the Boulder Public Library
will be closed on Saturday, August 25. The Farmers' Market will be open on Sunday, August 26
instead. All Boulder Public Library locations will be open normal business hours on Sunday, August 26 as well.
We hope you share the City of Boulder's excitement in welcoming this awesome event to our wonderful town. Again, please visit www.usaproboulder.com for the most up-to-date information about the race.