The Latornell Steering Committee is very proud of our commitment to try and reduce our footprint for this event and we’re asking you for one more thing…let’s ‘walk the talk’ and bring our own bags to Latornell. We know how much you love these bags and we hope that we’ve given you enough over the years to keep you lugging groceries for quite awhile!
So, help us to keep our impact down and bring one from your old stash of Latornell bags. In fact, bring your oldest Latornell bag – let’s see what it looked like!
Not only will this cut down on the energy it takes to produce the bags, it’s a great way to re-use a bag that may be riding around in your trunk, tucked in your closet or stuffed under the seat of your car. Even if it’s not a Latornell bag, any re-usable bag will fit the bill.
Do You Know What Else We Do to Keep Things Green?
- Partner with Trees Ontario, the Nottawasaga Foundation and the Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority to plant 4,000+ trees each year to offset carbon emissions caused by our event
- Online carpooling tool
- Symposium is powered by 100% clean renewable energy through Bullfrog Power
- Our maple syrup thank you gifts come from local trees
- Delicious local food cooked up by Nottawasaga Inn’s chefs
- Follow the Canadian Network for Environmental Education and Communication (EECOM) Green Conference Guidelines