Mostly fulfilling grant requests from BHS staff.
We just had our first
of the year, and here are a few examples of what we were thrilled to give out:
- $3225 to the Music department to purchase music stand and chairs to accommodate their 20% increase, and $750 to purchase a new snare drum
- $1,568 to Business and Marketing to buy a new ice machine- smoothies in the Activity Center!
- $2,502 for new Chromebook laptop computers for the Math department- no more jockeying for position!
- $130 to the French Club (actually granted from the Teacher Support Fund, but still from your donations). The great thing about this one was that students presented the request- very impressive
- $1,750 to the Talisman, the school newspaper, going on its 100th year!
- $1720 to World Language in support of new and innovate materials
This is the kind of impact your donations have- helping us to cultivate an excellent educational environment for all Ballard High Students.
Have you donated?
We are asking you to contribute any amount, from $5 to $5000. No amount is too small or insignificant.
You can donate online at the above link, or, feel free to contact us if you'd like to write a check- we can send you all of the information you need. Finally, check your mail for the letter we sent last week.
What is the Direct Appeal?
One of the primary methods that the PTSA supports Ballard High School is through the raising of funds for academic grants for teachers and staff. We gave out nearly $70K in academic support grants last year. These grants are used to support the infrastructure and provide the tools required to provide the best education possible to our Ballard High School student population.
But because we had great success in supporting the school last year doesn't mean we will match that this year. It all comes back to support from all of you in the Ballard Community. Supporting a school with a growing population of nearly 1,900 students is not easy, and it is even more challenging in an uncertain funding climate from the state.
And note, all donations are tax deductible. If you work for a company that matches charitable contributions (e.g. Microsoft matches at 100%), than donating to the Direct Appeal campaign will be eligible for a corporate match. Last year, 15% of contributions were through corporate matching. Be sure to talk to your HR department for more details. You will just need to provide the Ballard High School PTSA Tax ID (#91-1303069) and note on your donation that it is for the Direct Appeal campaign.
About the Ballard High School PTSA:
The Ballard High School PTSA is an educational enrichment and advocacy group that emphasizes cultivating an excellent education environment for all Ballard High School Students. We do this through family and community engagement, advocating that all students have access to the resources, tools and support needed for the best education possible. You can learn more about how you can get involved with the PTSA at