You'll receive our next newsletter on January 11, 2018
Employers: Take 10 minutes to complete the EmployerOne Survey and help to build the New Hamilton!
Workforce Planning Hamilton has been surveying local employers annually since 2014, when we released the first Hire Learning Survey.
At that time 143 employers completed the survey, providing valuable and timely labour market data. The survey was re-branded as the Employer One Survey in 2015 and every year the number of employers that has completed the survey has increased.
As the years have gone by WPH staff have worked hard to streamline the survey and make it easier for employers to complete.
Last year 238 employers completed the survey and this year, which marks WPH's 20th Anniversary, our goal is to have 300 completed surveys.
We realize that your time is important...
Here are 3 reasons why should do OUR survey
1. By sharing your hiring needs, challenges, and plans you'll provide crucial and timely labour market information.
2. Outcomes will include a more educated workforce that will increase your company's bottomline, with less staff turnover.
3. Last year, local job developers used the EmployerOne survey to help over 6,000 job seekers and more than 30,000 students in Hamilton.
This year, all those who complete the survey will be eligible to win a free booth at the Connect to Careers Job Fair on February 1, 2018 (a $600+ value and access to over 2,500 students and recent grads). The winning ballot will be drawn on January 26th at noon.
What did we learn from last year's Employer One Survey?
Last year 238 local employers completed the survey, an increase of almost 100 from the previous year. Thanks to all for sharing their plans for the future, recruitment, and other labour market challenges.
What we learned:
1. Despite increasing skills requirements there continues to be jobs for people without a post secondary education.
2. Construction and Manufacturing are two sectors that show clear signs of recruitment challenges.
3. Hamilton has a significant start-up sector with 20% of businesses being established within the last 5 years.
4. Work ethic continues to be the most important soft skill that employers seek.