Beaver Creek School Wednesday before school Walk-ins have continued with participants including school educators, staff and neighbors. On April 9, the Beaver Creek School Governing Board passed a resolution supporting Educators and #RedForED. Our school board joined the governing boards of Mesa Public Schools, Tucson Unified, Flagstaff Unified, Pendergast, Yuma High School District and Phoenix High School District among others in Arizona passing similar resolutions.
The goals adopted by the #Red For Ed movement are:
- 20% salary increase for Arizona teachers in order to create competitive pay with neighboring states.
- Competitive pay for all Education Support Professionals.
- Permanent certified salary structure which includes annual raises.
- Restore education funding to 2008 levels.
- No new tax cuts until per-pupil funding reaches the national average.
Teachers are voting this week throughout the state on whether to walk-out or not. This decision will likely be announced this evening or early tomorrow. Regardless of the outcome on this particular event, #RedForEd appears to be an educator movement that will continue.
Wearing red in support of education,
. . . . . the calendar crew