1. Take 15 minutes every day to unplug from the hubbub.
2. Embrace the mundane moments of life.
3. Keep a daily journal and jot down a few impressions of what you see, hear, feel or smell.
4. Meditation and yoga are wonderful methods for staying in the here and now. Taking walks and visiting art museums are my personal mindfulness methods.
5. Reduce your exposure to negative people and surround yourself with positive, mindful people.
6. Volunteer and help others. Whether human or animal, doing for others is a great way to maintain perspective and help keep your head where your feet are.
7. Read books or listen to talks that promote the practice of mindfulness.