SUPPORT BICYCLE FRIENDLY INFRASTRUCTURE
ATTEND KICK-OFF OF BICYCLE/PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE ON CHERRY CREEK TRAIL
This Friday is the official
opening of the Kentucky bicycle/pedestrian bridge. This is a very unique situation where two cities worked together to build a great connection to the Cherry Creek trail. The mayors from both cities will be there, and there will be a press event. We need a significant show of bicyclists in attendance to applaud this effort.
We're often in the business of demanding that cities do more, and this is a great opportunity to recognize the cities when they do listen and thank them for such a great investment in bicycle infrastructure.
What: Kick-off of Bicycle/Ped Bridge on Cherry Creek Trail
The Bicycle/Pedestrian Bridge has been part of an ongoing project making the Cherry Creek South Corridor safer for everyone. Some of the highlights: When: Friday, July 26 10:00 am
Please share and help spread the word
- Construction of a new concrete sidewalk from the existing sidewalk along the north side of Cherry Creek South Drive at Colorado Boulevard with connect to an existing asphalt trail west to the Steel Street pedestrian bridge crossing Cherry Creek.
- Construction of new concrete sidewalk connections to the soft surface trail system in City of Brest Park.
- Construction of a new pedestrian/bike ramp connecting Cherry Creek South Drive sidewalk to the Cherry Creek trail system.
- Installation of new pedestrian safety refuge islands at several new crossings of Cherry Creek South Drive.
- New striping and provisions for protected left turn pockets into existing accesses and driveways
P.S. If you have a BikeDenver Jersey we would love to have you wear it if you are attending.