|BREAKING NEWS - EMMY 2012 - CALL FOR ENTRIES DEADLINE EXTENSIONS|
The deadline for making an entry into the 2012 Lone Star EMMY Call for Entries has been extended until 6 p.m. today, Tuesday, June 5. All online entry forms must be submitted by this time. Payment should also be made unless you have made arrangements to pay by corporate check. At least one name should be paid now on all entries being paid by credit card. Keep in mind, you will have time to add names to existing entries over the next few weeks.
In addition, because of the taxing volume of last minute upload attempts on our BOTR system, the video upload deadline has been extended to 6 p.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, June 6. Please continue with the upload process. This is a one-time extension for the video uploads.
Make sure you read this important information:
- If you have not already exported your video for upload -or- if you have but are having problems, please stop and read this important step-by-step guide that details the best export process. This will help facilitate a smoother upload process if the video file is optimized. Once you have created the file review your encoded video before proceeding. Do not skip the review step, it will save you trouble later in the process.
- EMMY Express will accept most video file types, however, we have found the .mov files are more likely to have audio sync issues.
- It is our experience that Internet Explorer is not the most 'friendly' browser to use for the video upload process. If you are having problems you may want to try Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. You'll also want to make sure you're using the most up-to-date version of any browser.
- As you prepare to upload, expect heavy server traffic at this point in the game. Take a deep breath and just roll with it. Your own internet connection may also slow this process. Be prepared. Get it started and then walk away if you need to in order to give the process time. Breathe some more.
- Do not reject a video just because it is buffering. This may take extra time. Don't cancel the process until you are 100% sure you have an actual problem and not just a slow server response. (And whatever you do, don't hit the 'back' button on your browser!)
- If you get the message you have uploaded too many times use the Contact Us form to alert us. Use your category entry ID(s) in all correspondence. Please do not call. We can answer emails much more quickly and efficiently. Do leave a call back number in case we need to follow up via phone. We answer questions as quickly as possible, but your patience is appreciated.
- Once the video upload is complete the approval email goes to the entry submitter. If you are working in tandem to expedite your entry process you'll need to have the submitter forward the approval link for your consideration.
Please confirm your membership status before submitting a new application.
If you have an expired membership, but create another membership account from the New Member Application Form (connected to the same email), you will duplicate your membership in EMMY Express. EMMY Express will not be able to recognize your membership; your duplicate membership will have to be deleted from the system. Contact Us to have the duplicate deleted.
If the membership payment is denied; you still have already created a membership account.
Please use the Membership Renewal and Profile Update link to login and make payment.
If you were a member of our Facebook group page you got all this information FIRST. Join our Facebook group page and make sure you're receiving notifications. It's the quickest way for us to distribute tips and information.
*PLEASE NOTE the Lone Star EMMY Chapter no longer maintains an office in the Bishop Arts District of Dallas. All mailed correspondence (invoices, payments, etc) should be sent to:
Lone Star EMMY Awards
P.O. Box 192393
Dallas, TX 75219