HCFCD Announces that the Buffalo Bayou Erosion Repair Project in Terry Hershey Park will Start Today, September 26, 2016
Our office has been informed by the Harris County Flood Control District (HCFCD) that the erosion repairs in Terry Hershey Park will begin today, September 26, 2016. HCFCD is starting a project to repair approximately one dozen damaged locations throughout Terry Hershey Park. They are all located on the north side of Buffalo Bayou, between Beltway 8 on the east and Dairy Ashford on the west.
If you or your family members are actively using the park, you are asked to take special care to stay away from heavy equipment and work areas. Thank you for understanding that your safe behavior protects you, other park users and HCFCD's work teams.
HCFCD has provided our office with the following information:
- This project is not related to any options or opportunities identified by Charting Buffalo.
- This project has nothing to do with detention in Terry Hershey Park.
- This project has nothing to do with conveyance improvements to Buffalo Bayou.
- While HCFCD may have to remove some trees to tie the new improvements into the existing banks, any such trees will be replaced during the project.
- After HCFCD's contractor, Serco Construction Group, completes the emergency repairs to reconstruct and stabilize the channel banks, Harris County Precinct 3 Parks Department will complete the reconstruction of damaged park amenities.
- Project URL: https://www.hcfcd.org/projects-studies/buffalo-bayou/terry-hershey-park-emergency-repair-project/
- For more information, questions or comments about this project, please call HCFCD's Project line at 713-684-4040 or email ProjectCommunications@hcfcd.org