Boelter's Jewelers was established in 1927 in a small storefront across from Washington Park in Manitowoc.
The Boelter family started the business with the desire to help Manitowoc residents with their jewelry needs. With the staff's friendliness and knowledge, along with the store's large merchandise selection and repair services, the business quickly grew - and it soon expanded to a much larger location at 2101 Washington St., where it is still thriving.
In early May 2015, owner Richard Francois, of Punta Gorda, Florida, sold the business to Thomas and Kathy Muench of Manitowoc. They employ 11 part- and full-time employees.
Kathy has worked at Boelter's for 30 years, and when the opportunity came up, there was no hesitation in what her answer would be - a definite "yes."
The store's primary goal remains to provide the best selection of jewelry and the kind of service customers want.