- Verse of the Day: Monasteries, Churches, Synagogues, and Mosques
"Had not God repelled some people by the might of others, the monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques in which God's praise is celebrated daily, would have been utterly demolished. God will certainly help those who help His cause. . .These are the people who, if We establish them in the land, will remain constant in prayer and give in charity, enjoin justice and forbid evil." The Holy Quran, 22:40-41
- CAIR-Cincinnati Awarded 'Outstanding Case of the Year' by Cincinnati Employment Lawyers Association
- The Cincinnati chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR-Cincinnati) was presented with the 2014 "Outstanding Case of the Year Award" yesterday by the Cincinnati Employment Lawyers Association (CELA) for its work on a civil rights employment case in 2013-2014.
The case involved 23 workers who were fired from the DHL Global Mail facility in Hebron, Ky., for seeking their religious rights under the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The workers were fired for insisting on their right to have flexible break times so they could perform their religious duty to pray at prescribed times during the day. CAIR-Cincinnati was able to bring the case to a successful conclusion for the workers.
- Video: CAIR-Ohio Seeks to Overturn Ban on Hijab for Muslim Police Officers
- Video: CAIR Asks for Fair Treatment for Muslim Students on Religious Holidays
- CAIR: Proposed Montgomery Co. Calendar Guidelines Cover Religious Absences (WTOP)
"Montgomery County Public Schools close on Jewish and Christian holidays, even though they're no longer stated as such on the calendar," said Zainab Chaudry of the Council on American-Islamic Relations at a Board of Education meeting. "Schools are still closed on these holidays, but they're not closed on Muslim holidays."
- Islamophobia Watch: Accused of Plotting to Kill Muslims with 'Death Ray,' Galway Man's Trial Coming to an End
- Islamophobe Usama Dakdok to Speak in North Dakota
- Meet the Worshipers at America's Busiest Airport Mosque (Time)
The mosque at JFK Airport is more than just a prayer spaceit's a community
Council on American-Islamic Relations
453 New Jersey Ave, S.E., Washington, D.C., 20003
Council on American-Islamic Relations Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.