- Hadith of the Day: Ask God for Forgiveness and Health
The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Ask God for forgiveness and health, for after being granted certainty, one is given nothing better than (good) health." (Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 780)
- CAIR: Bids for Allen West 'NUTS!' Letter Top $2500
- Help Needed with University Study of Muslims and Health Care
Please task a few minutes to help with a research study on perceived discrimination among Muslims in the U.S. health care setting.
Take the survey here. This research will help health care providers understand what is important to Muslims when they use health care services and aims to increase understanding about how to provide care to Muslims that is meaningful and satisfactory. Your responses will be kept completely confidential.
- CAIR: S. Carolina Muslim Denied Right to Hijab in Prison
Nadhira Al-Khalili, national legal director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, says that on Dec. 31, corrections officers forced a woman to remove her hijab for a booking photograph and then did not allow her to wear it while she was incarcerated. CAIR sent a letter to the S.C. Department of Corrections early last week requesting that the agency obey the Religious Land Use and Institutionalized Person Act, which protects religious practices in prisons.
- CAIR-MD Exposes Pamela Geller's Extremism: The Tide of Islamophobia
Without question, we at the Maryland chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations uphold the constitutional right to free speech. However, it is reckless and irresponsible for MDCAN to welcome bigots and hate-mongers like Ms. Geller. We strongly denounce the racism, fear-mongering, and Islamophobia created through her words and actions, and we urge the organizers of this conference and all people of good conscience to do so as well.
- African Immigrants Hope for a Chicago Community of Their Own (Tribune)
- Muslim Journeys in the Tar Heel State
- MA: Muslim League Holds Afternoon of B-Ball at Boys & Girls Club